Are you an international student wishing to study Africa Digital Media Institute, one of Kenya’s leading institution of higher learning? if yes, we are here to guide you on the visa application process.
In order to study at ADMI Kenya as a non-Indigen, you need to possess correct legal documents which include, student visa, permits, etc. Below are the guidelines to the international student visa application process.
- International students can apply to one of ADMI’s programmes online: ADMI application-form
- Prior to applying to ADMI, please familiarise yourself with our international fee policies: Fees structures
- Successful applicants receive a letter of admission.
- They will also receive a letter of support or a cover letter, addressed to the Director of Immigration, indicating the name and duration of the course to be studied – both new and renewal applications.
- Both of these letters will support international students in applying for their international student visa.
- Register at https://immigration.ecitizen.go.ke/, then log in at https://fns.immigration.go.ke/ and complete the application form (titled Form 30).
- Please note: incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Print and fill out all details on Form 30 (student pass application form) from the following website: http://www.immigration.go.ke/downloads/Form-30-Application%20for%20Student%20Pass.pdf.
- Your completed form should then be scanned and emailed to ADMI at [email protected], to be signed and stamped by our Principal or Head of Academics.
Collate the form and all necessary supporting documents, including:
- Signed commitment letter from the sponsor – both new and renewal cases
- National passport copy of the sponsor – both new and renewal cases
- Proof of funds for self-sponsored students – both new and renewal cases
- For minors, consent letter from the parent – both new and renewal cases
- Copy of parent’s national passport and copy of birth certificate of the minor should be attached as proof of relationship (for minors) – both new and renewal cases
- Copy of a valid national passport – both new and renewal cases (the bio-data page)
- Current immigration status for the pupil/student – both new and renewal cases (If already in the country)
- Two recent passport-size colour photos – both new and renewal cases
- Duly certified copies of basic academic certificates for those joining Tertiary Institutions and Universities – new cases only
- Documents in foreign languages should be translated into English by either the Embassy, Public Notary, or authorized /recognized institution – both new and renewal cases
- Copy of the school’s/college registration certificate from the Ministry of Education – new cases only
- Clearance letter from Department of Refugee Affairs for refugees – both new and renewal cases
- Certified copies of progress report/transcripts obtained (by the issuing institution) – renewal cases only
- Copy of student’s pass previously held – renewal cases onlyStep 6: Submit application to immigration offices
Step 7: Processing
- Submit the complete form to immigration offices at Nyayo House, Alien Section, Counter Number 9 (full address below).
- Please note: Immigration might take up to two months to process your student pass or international student visa. If more than two months lapse, please follow up with the immigration office.
Once your application has been received, you will receive a notification via email. The email will state whether your application was rejected or received. If it has been received, processing should start immediately. You will be told to wait again. This might take around three weeks.Step 8: Payment
Once your applications have been approved, you will receive another notification. You should now log in to your portal and make a payment via M-pesa (Pay-Bill number 206206) or bank cheque (payable to PS Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government).Step 9: Provide proof of payment
Print out the approval letter and attach receipt payment. Take it to:
The Director of Immigration Services
Department of Immigration Offices
Nyayo House 9th Floor,
Kenyatta Avenue/Uhuru Highway
P.O Box 30191,000100 Nairobi
Tel: +254-20-2222022, +254-20-2217544, +254-20-2218833
Email; [email protected]
You will then be told to wait for the visa to be processed. This will take three weeks or so.Step 10: Collection
- Once your Visa has been processed, you will receive a notification by email.
- Go back to immigration offices at Nyayo House, Department of Immigration offices Ground Floor Room 16 and collect your Visa. On the same day, you should register as an alien.