Sasol Agriculture Trust Bursaries 2023 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Bursary programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Bursary programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Bursary programmes at Sasol Agriculture Trust for 2022/2023 and how to apply.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into study.
Sasol Agriculture Trust invites South African students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for Postgraduate (Masters and Doctoral) studies, within the agricultural industry.
Fields of study may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Meteorology
- Agricultural Writers
- Conservation Agriculture
- Data Science
- Demand Planner
- Food Sciences (relevant to the crop industry)
- Livestock Science
- Molecular Biology
- Pasture Science
- Plant Biochemistry
- Plant Breeding
- Plant Entomology
- Plant Nematology
- Plant Pathology
- Plant Physiology
- Plant Virology
- Precision Agriculture
- Seed Applied Technologies
- Soil Microbiology
- Soil Science
- Weed Science
- other related field
The value of the bursary will depend on the level of study:
- MSc/ Masters by Dissertation students will receive funding up to R99 750 per annum, for 2 years.
- PhD/ Doctoral Research students will receive funding up to R131 250 per annum for 3 years.
Bursary funds will be paid out according to the submitted and approved progress reports by the bursary recipient and their supervisor, with the first installment to be paid in January 2023.
Once students have graduated, they must work within the agricultural industry of South Africa, for a duration of time equal to that of the bursary received.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to partake in telephonic interviews. Successful applicants will be notified within 8 weeks of the application closing date – if you do not receive any feedback within this time frame, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time towards a Masters or Doctoral qualification relevant to the South African agricultural industry
- You must be studying or enrolled to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other funding or bursary awards (unless agreed to by the Trust)
- You must intend on conducting a dissertation/ thesis on a topic that has been approved by the Trust
- You must be willing to work within the South African agricultural industry after completing your studies
- You must have read and agreed to all of the Sasol Agriculture Trust Bursary condition, policies and procedures
- You must agree to the terms of the Legal Undertaking (Section E) on the application form
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online at: Sasol Agriculture Trust Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or Passport (certified copy – not older than 3 months old)
- Colour ID photo
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of tertiary registration and fee statement (on institutions letterhead) (if not yet available, please submit these documents after being registered)
- Full tertiary academic record, including latest results (on institutions letterhead)
- Details of proposed research, including: working research title, description of research and gantt chart
- Motivational letter to support your application, including: details of your academic abilities, financial need and future career goals
Bursary Application Closing Date: 30 September 2022