Ubuhlebezwe Municipality Traffic Officer Learnerships 2022 – For details about eligibility, requirements, available positions, application procedure – how to apply, application form PDF download, interview questions/schedules, etc.
Are you looking for Learnerships programmes in South Africa? Do you have the basic requirements to apply for Learnerships programmes? If yes, you are welcome to this page.
This page contains information about the latest Learnerships programmes at Ubuhlebezwe Municipality for 2022/2023 and how to apply.
A Learnerships Programmes can be described as a training programme that consists of both theoretical and practical elements. It offers a way for you to gain work experience, as well as an NQF registered qualification. This relates directly to an occupation or field of work.
Ubuhlebezwe Municipality invites applications from unemployed youth to apply for Traffic Officers Learnership Programme 2022 / 2023.
TRAINEE TRAFFIC OFFICER (FIXED TERM 18-MONTH CONTRACT)
STIPEND: R5 000.00 PER MONTH
No Municipal benefits will apply (pension, medical aid, etc) and applicants are required to make their own arrangements in this respect.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Traffic Officer’s Diploma
- Ability to communicate in both isiZulu and English
- Problem-solving and writing skills
- Computer knowledge and knowledge of NRTA 93/96
- Be physically fit and able-bodied
- Must not be more than 35 years of age
- No criminal record/pending cases
- A code C1 driver’s license
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Law enforcement and enforcement of Council by-laws
- Control traffic flow and ensure public
- Escort vehicles
- Preform point duties, process warrants of arrest, and perform other traffic-related duties
- Examine drivers’ licenses
- Communicate with the Control Room and attend to traffic bottlenecks caused by accidents, breakdowns, or peak hour congestion
- Use hand signals to communicate with drivers and pedestrians by directing, diverting, stopping, and controlling the flow of traffic
- Interact with the Control Room for specific services
- Patrol and observe the streets and suburban areas to identify non-conforming practices
- Communicate with offenders and interact with the Control Room of South Africa Police Services to facilitate arrests for more serious offenses
- Participate in routine checks, stop vehicles and conduct inspection of drivers’ licenses, vehicle registration, and road worthiness requirements and attend to specific infringements of road safety rules
- Issue fines, and warnings and serve the summons on offenders and execute arrests for more serious offenses.
UBUHLEBEZWE MUNICIPALITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
HOW TO APPLY
A signed letter of application indicating the position being applied for, together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates and Identity Documents, must be forwarded to The Municipal Manager, P. O. Box 132, Ixopo, 3276 by not later than 16h00 on 12 August 2022. Alternatively, applications can be hand delivered at Ubuhlebezwe Municipality, 29 Margaret Street, Ixopo, 3276. Faxed applications will not be accepted. If you do not hear from Council within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
All inquiries should be directed to the HR Officer, Ms. B Nondabula at (039) 834-7700.
COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT FOR THE ABOVEMENTIONED POSITIONS
Learnership Application Closing Date: 12 August 2022
Learnership Location: Ixopo, KwaZulu-Natal