KCB Foundation Application Form for Secondary Schools 2020.
The objective of this program is to improve access and quality of education for needy students through the provision of scholarships, learning materials and improved public school infrastructure.
Requirements for The KCB Scholarship
To qualify for a KCB Scholarship;
- The applicant must come from a needy home
- The applicant must attain the prescribed county cut off marks in the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examination
- The applicant must have a calling latter to a national or county/ex-county secondary school
To access a KCB Foundation scholarship;
- Applicants collect application forms at any KCB Branch countrywide. The forms are available in the branches starting 1st December
- Applicants submit their applications in a county interview and selection process
- The interviews are conducted by KCB staff teams
- Applicants with disabilities are recruited through the county social development offices and integrated /special primary schools
- Home visits are conducted to verify the needy status of the shortlisted candidates
- Selected candidates are assigned to individual mentors and begin school
The KCB Scholarship package entails:
- Payment of school fees for the 4 years of secondary school
- Support for personal effects, learning materials and assistive devices for students with disability
- Quarterly one-on-one mentorship sessions with KCB branch staff and an annual holiday mentorship programs
- Internship and employment opportunities during and after the university studies
- Equitable distribution across the counties and gender balance is sought to ensure both boys and girls benefit from the programs.