Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) International Postdoctoral Fellowship in Global Health 2021/2022…How To Apply.
Thanks to the Severo Ochoa distinction, a new International Postdoctoral Call in Global Health has been launched this year by the Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, with three postdoctoral scholarships for national and international students offered.
Application Deadline: 16th March 2021
About the Award: The aim of this call is to support excellent postdoctoral researchers to foster high-quality, integrative interdisciplinary science and its translation into significant impact, in line with the core objective of the ISGlobal Severo Ochoa Programme. ‘Applicants can choose among 29 research topics covering a wide range of subjects in the field of global heath, including COVID-19, malaria, chagas and other infectious diseases, maternal and child health, migrant health, air pollution, climate and non-communicable diseases. To foster interdisciplinary science and promote synergy between different research areas, each topic is shared between two Principal Investigators, either belonging to two different Research Programmes, or belonging to a Research Programme and to one of the three new Research Groups that have been recently created within the Severo Ochoa Programme.
Candidates can be of any nationality.
Candidates must have obtained their doctorate during the 5 years prior to the deadline for applications (PhD obtained after 16 March 2016). In the case of applicants having been awarded several PhDs, the reference date is the award date of the first PhD. The reference date for calculating the eligibility period should be the date of the actual award according to the national rules in the country where the degree was awarded.
Exceptions are made for candidates with career breaks between the date of obtaining the doctoral degree and the call deadline (16 March 2021). In such cases, candidates may request an extension of the period in which the doctoral degree must have been obtained. To these effects, the following causes are considered as career breaks:
- Illness or accident that has led to sick leave for three months or more. An extension may be applied for the number of justified months.
- Parental leave. An extension corresponding to the documented time of parental leave actually taken for each child can be applied.
- Mandatory military/civil service. An extension corresponding to the documented time of mandatory military/civil service can be applied.
All cases must be duly justified by means of an official supporting document (if the official document is not in Catalan, Spanish or English, applicants should also provide a translation in one of the above-mentioned languages). Request of extensions of the period in which the doctoral degree must have been obtained and the corresponding official supporting document must be sent to [email protected] at the time of submitting the application. Requests submitted after the call deadline will not be taken into considerations.
Candidates must hold at least 4 publications as first (or co-shared first) author or any publication in a top-ranking journal.
Candidates must have good command of English.
Having received a MSCA Seal of Excellence for a project proposal submitted for a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship is an asset.
Mobility is an asset.
Selection Criteria: All applications are reviewed by an ad hoc Committee.
- Candidates are selected on the basis of academic excellence, performance in research and adequacy of candidate’s experience to the selected research topic.
- Short-listed candidates will be invited for a TC interview.
- Selected candidates will be notified shortly after the interview period.
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Country): Spain
Number of Awards: 3
Value of Award: Salary: as per ISGlobal’s salary scale, and according to candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Duration of Award: 2 years fulltime
Starting Date: from 1 May 2021
How to Apply: Applicants must fill in the request form and attach the following two documents:
- Curriculum vitae in English, including the names and contact information for three references.
- Motivation letter in English (1-page MAX, A4, Arial, size 11, single space), mentioning the number of the selected research topic/s from the list provided at the end of this call text (a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 2 topics can be selected), and the justification for its selection.
Please note that each submitted document must be named as: CandidateSurname_CandidateName_filetype (e.g. Smith_John_cv, Smith_John_letter). Candidates must ensure that all required information is submitted before the application deadline of 16 March 2021. Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.