Applications are invited from suitably qualified Kenyans to apply for the ongoing DAAD Scholarship 2020/2021. Interested persons are advised to proceed with the application process after going through the application requirements in this article.
DAAD scholarships and programmes:
The DAAD grants administered by the DAAD abroad are available to students of all academic disciplines and at each academic degree level, including undergraduates, graduating undergraduates and recent graduates with a BA, Masters degree students, doctoral students, Ph.D. candidates and postdoctoral scholars, and faculty.
The DAAD worldwide network also includes around 50 information centres and around 450 DAAD lecturer positions.
The DAAD is mainly funded by the German government and the European Union. In 2012, the DAAD received 407.4 million euros.
LEVEL OF STUDY:
This program is for postgraduate studies (Masters and Ph.D.)
FIELD OF STUDY:
this program is for certain fields in Science, Technology & Innovation (ST&I) in priority key sectors. One such area involves capacity building in the universities through advanced training of personnel.
This scholarship will be taken in Germany
This scholarship is primarily for Kenyanscholars
The Benefit of the scholarship are as follows:
- 6 months preparatory German language course (fulltime) including accommodation and pocket money
- co-financed monthly scholarship installment
- Reimbursement of travel costs through an adequate travel lump sum that is disbursed after arrival in Germany, during the funding period respectively
- study and research allowance
- accident, health and personal liability insurance cover
- further individual allowances upon application
The requirements for this scholarship will include:
- Be a citizen of the Republic of Kenya;
- Be teaching (full or part-time) in Kenyan universities (both public and private);
- Should have obtained the Master’s degree preferably within the past 6 years (date of graduation);
- Be willing to undertake a six (6) months German language course.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this scholarship, applicants will have to get the following documents
- Curriculum Vitae and list of publications (use the Europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae)
- Abstract of one page, research proposal (not more than 10 – 15 pages) including detailed timetable; academic degree certificates and transcripts, whereby the Bachelor’s degree must have been passed with at least second class upper division and a Masters degree with at least a B+ grade (or equivalent).
Invitation letter from a German supervisor OR admission letter to a structured Ph.D. programme at a German university
- Two academic reference letters from university professors (forms provided in the online portal below)
- A no objection letter from the university, indicating the prospective function of the applicant within the university after return to Kenya and a commitment by the University to the job security of the applicant till the period of return (those on who qualify will be required to produce the Bonding document).
you can get the APPLICATION FORM here
For more information, click here: official link
To get information about DAAD Regional Office in Nairobi, please see this official link
DEADLINE: The official deadline will be communicated as soon as possible, check back for more information