EU/UNDP “Energy Saving in Images” Contest 2023 – Eligibility, Application Form & How to Apply.
Deadline: May 5, 2023
Applications are open for the EU/UNDP “Energy Saving in Images” Contest 2023. The European Union and UNDP are launching a photography contest to promote renewable energy and energy efficiency. The competition is conducted by the “Addressing the impacts of the energy crisis in the Republic of Moldova” programme. The winning works will be exhibited during the events dedicated to Europe Day and the photographers will receive prizes and diplomas.
The competition is an opportunity to draw public attention to the importance of efficient use of energy and to stimulate the creativity and imagination of photographers. As a benchmark for the presentation of photos to the contest, one of the following topics can be addressed:
- Best portrait – photos featuring a portrait or people in the context of energy efficiency. This photo could capture people as they save energy, use renewable energies or find new ways to reduce energy consumption.
- Landscapes and buildings – photos showing a building, location or landscape that demonstrates efficient energy use. This photo could capture places where solar panels, wind turbines or other forms of renewable energy are used or buildings with high energy efficiency.
- Innovation – photos that present an innovative solution for saving energy or using renewable energies. This photo could capture an ingenious idea for saving energy, such as a device that converts solar or wind energy into electricity.
- Creativity – photos showing a creative energy use or an unconventional way to save energy. This photo might surprise people who use natural light or find creative ways to use appliances to save energy.
- The best photos will be awarded with attractive prizes, which include a DSLR camera, professional lens filter sets, and high-capacity memory cards. The awards will be offered at a public event.
- Open to all photographers, amateurs, or professionals of all ages;
- Applicants should be willing to share innovative and inspiring ways in which energy can be saved and used in a responsible and sustainable way.
Photos can be sent to the e-mail address: [email protected] with the subject Energy saving in images Contest, or sent by post or brought in a sealed envelope to the address: 131, 31 August 1989 str., UNDP Moldova, with the inscription Energy saving competition in images. Contact person: Veronica Herța, Component Manager, UNDP Moldova.