Focal Point, Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation And Reporting at International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC).
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian and development network, with millions of volunteers in 190 member National Societies. We are guided by Strategy 2020 – our collective plan of action to tackle the major humanitarian and development challenges of the present decade. We will continue ‘saving lives and changing minds’ by focusing our work in three key areas: 1) disaster response and recovery, 2) development and 3) promoting social inclusion and peace.
This position will support the Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting for COVID-19 operation in the Africa Region. This will include ensuring timely delivery of emergency appeal planning and reporting documents (revisions, operation updates, pledge-based reports, among others), promote Federation wide reporting for COVID-19 as well as other monitoring and evaluation tasks related to the operation. Besides, the PMER Focal Point will also work closely with the Operation lead, thematic units and Information Management to ensure data needs for the operation are prioritized, communicated to the Country cluster support teams (CCST), Country offices, and National Societies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The position holder will:
- Support the revision processes for the emergency appeal and Emergency Plan of Action as required.
- Act as the reporting focal point for the Africa COVID-19 operation.
- Support the preparation and delivery of narrative reports for this operation, ensuring coherence of the information, edition and formats in coordination with the Operations Team, and the Africa Regional Office (ARO) and in compliance with the IFRC quality standards and timeliness to fulfil established deadlines.
- Ensure programmatic information in reports is coherent with financial reports. Cross-checking the narrative information for coherence with the financial information.
- Support the development of proposals for contributions and monitoring of donor pledges to Africa’s COVID-19 operation as required.
- Responsible for the editing, formatting and quality control for the completion of reports (quarterly, interim or final) under the COVID-19 operation, pledges and emergencies, guaranteeing the quality of the information and correct use of formats as required by donor.
- Responsible for sending reminders to budget holders on reports due and overdue in liaison with finance and relationship management teams.
- Work with CCST and Country Office PMER team to roll out any reporting systems defined by Global or Regional Office, including promoting the use of Federation-wide reporting systems.
- Work closely with Information Management and Operation to ensure data needs for the operation are met.
- Coordinate with Global PMER at Geneva as well as with other Regions to ensure harmonization of our global PMER efforts.
- Take part in COVID-19 related coordination meeting as needed.
National Society Development in PMER tasks
- Work with the Red Cross Societies involved in the operation to provide technical support (remote and in the field) for operational planning, monitoring and reporting with accountability and evidence-based outcomes.
Other PMER duties
- Maintain knowledge, understanding and use of the IFRC planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems and procedures.
- Support the DCPRR and thematic teams with PMER duties in other emergencies, as needed, to ensure business continuity.
- University degree, or equivalent, in relevant discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, International Relations, Humanitarian Affairs, etc.) Required.
- Relevant post-graduate degree or MBA (or equivalent). Preferred.
- Relevant professional training or relevant experience in monitoring, performance-based management, planning or evaluation. Preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting. Required.
- Minimum of 2 year of work experience in an international setting. Preferred.
- Experience working in developing countries. Preferred.
- Experience working in the Africa Region. Preferred.
- Experience developing, communicating and implementing business plans. Preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Demonstrated capacity for analytical and strategic thinking. Required.
- Superior writing and editing skills. Required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Required.
- Proficient in mobile data collection tools like Kobo, ODK or equivalent mobile data collection systems. Required.
- Understands key elements of monitoring and evaluation plans and strategies. Required.
- Excellent relationship-building skills; ability to build and strengthen internal networks. Required.
- Expertise in Monitoring and Evaluation processes. Required.
- Demonstrated experience of statistical packages and/ or data analysis software (e.g. SPSS, Excel, Epi Info, STATA, R) and advanced computer skills (word-processing, spreadsheets, and databases). Preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in data processing and management of large-scale surveys). Required.
- Data analysis and visualization skills). Preferred.
- Ability to conduct training on the technical aspect in monitoring and Evaluation. Required.
- Fluently spoken and written English. Required.
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic) or Russian. Preferred.
Competencies and Values
- Collaboration and Teamwork.
- Judgement and Decision Making.
- National Society and Customer Relations.
- Creativity and Innovation.
- Building Trust.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 4 November. 2021