Fully-Funded SMI Scholarships for UK and EU Students in UK – 2020/2021
Applications are invited from international students to apply for the 2020 Edition of SMI Scholarship for international students(UK & EU Students).
The scholarship is available for students in the host country(UK) and EU Students and it’s commencing PhD degree in September 2020 at the University of Sheffield.
The rewards include Full-tuition fees at the Home/EU rate as £4406 in 2020/21, An annual maintenance grant for three years at the standard RCUK rate as £15,285 in 2020/21, and A £2000 Research and Training Support Grant across the three years.
SMI Scholarships Eligibility:
- Applications are available only for the UK and EU.
- The program is available for 3 years PhD within the Faculty of Social Sciences of SMI. The PhD project should be related to one or more of the SMI’s research themes: Inequality, Social Justice and Inclusion, Mobility and Migration, Participation, and Methods and Methodology.
- To be eligible, students should have a good first degree (at least a 2:1) and an excellent social science Masters-level degree (a mark of at least 65 in the UK system, or equivalent) that comprehensively covers research design and methods such as the MA in Social Research at the SMI.
- Conditional offers can be made for students currently on such a Masters-level course.
- If the supervisor agrees, you will work that idea up into a 2-page proposal.
- Applicants must have a strong English language ability to conduct PhD study at Sheffield, UK.
How to Apply
- In the first instance, students are encouraged to take admission at SMI for 3-year PhD through the university’s central PGR admissions system. Before it, applicants make contact with a prospective primary supervisor in SMI that they would like to work with, with a 1-2 page outline of the PhD project that they would like to undertake.
The application must include:
- Proof of your previous degrees, Academic references, English language certificates, A supporting statement that includes a research proposal, and Curriculum vitae (CV)/resume.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before May 31, 2020. will be considered.