Government Of France Paris Peace Forum Call For Solutions 2023 – Eligibility, Application Form & How to Apply.
Are you leading a governance project, focused on development, inclusion, tech, environment, peace, security or gender? Apply for the Paris Peace Forum today.
Application Deadline: 23rd May 2023. 6pm (Paris time)
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): La Grande Halle de La Villette in Paris, France.
About the Award: Since 2018, the Paris Peace Forum has been highlighting and supporting governance projects or initiatives proposing concrete solutions to global challenges.
In 2023, up to 60 solutions will be selected and will have the opportunity to be showcased to the international community at the 6th edition of the Paris Peace Forum on 10-11 November 2023 at the Palais Brongniart, in the heart of Paris.
Fields: Projects must be dealing with one of the five themes. However, given the cross-cutting dimension of many governance projects, they will also be able to address themes developed in other villages.
PROTECTING AND PRESERVING OUR PLANET
- 🌲 Biodiversity: Preserving and protecting forests to achieve climate and biodiversity objectives and implement the COP15 roadmap
- 🏭 Climate: Making carbon offset markets trustworthy and effective
- ⛏️ Critical minerals: Strengthening cooperation across consuming and producing countries around access to critical minerals to enable a just ecological transition
BUILDING A FAIRER AND MORE EQUAL WORLD
- 👩🌾 Women and agriculture: Supporting women’s endeavors to strengthen agricultural resilience in a context of food crisis
- 🤾♀️ Sport: Changing social norms by promoting inclusion and sustainability through sports
- 🛰️ Outer Space: Promoting fair access to outer space to accelerate SDGs and growth
FOSTERING A SAFER WORLD
- 🕊️ Conflict resolution: Building back better after conflict: inclusive and sustainable reconstruction
- 🧬 Global Health: Exploring the ethics and global governance of genome editing
MAKING THE DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION WORK FOR ALL
- 👩💻 Online content: Securing our democratic informational environment
- 🤖 Artificial Intelligence: Harnessing AI for better public policy
Type: Grants, Forum
Eligibility: To participate, project leaders must fulfil five conditions.
Every project proposed must :
- Deal with a governance issue
- Be linked with one of the five themes
- Be managed by a team of at least three people
- Be presented or supported by an institution
- Present a certain level of progress
Selection Criteria: The evaluation criteria of the Selection Committee are
- The motivation of the candidates;
- The quality of the project;
- The potential of the project;
- The interest of presenting the project at the Paris Peace Forum.
The selection committee will also consider the need for balanced geographic representation and diversity of projects.
The Selection Committee convenes as often as required to review the submitted project proposals. The time at which a project is evaluated does not affect its chances to be selected for presentation at the November event.
Number of Awards: 150
Value of Award: The sixth edition of the Paris Peace Forum, which will be held tentatively in Paris on November 10-11, 2023, will be a unique opportunity to move forward your project or initiative. In case of selection, you will benefit from international visibility and exposure thanks to the physical presence of your project during the event (stand or signage); you will take the floor during the event to speak about your work and/or share your views on the issue in global governance that you are addressing; and meet and discuss with experts and decisionmakers in your domain. All projects will also receive the Paris Peace Forum 2023 label and be considered by the jury of the Scale-up Committee for support throughout 2024, as part of our Scale-up program.
Duration of Programme: November 10-11 2018
How to Apply: You can apply to the Call for Solutions by filling in this online form HERE. Only completed and submitted submissions will be considered.
Visit Programme Webpage for Details
Award Providers: Government of France