Human Resource Officer at United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON)… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Nairobi (UNON).
United Nations and regional organizations; provides administrative and other support services to the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat); provides joint and common services to other organizations of the United Nations system in Kenya, as applicable; and manages and implements the programmes of administration, conference services and public information and provides security and safety services for United Nations staff and facilities in the United Nations Office at Nairobi.
- Knowledge of human resources policies, practices and procedures and ability to apply them in an organizational setting. Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in human resources management, business or public administration, social sciences, education or related area, is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administrative services or related area is required.
- Experience in human resources management as applied in the context of providing services to clients is required
- At least three years’ experience in the application of internal regulations and rules in an HR operational environment of an international organization, is required.
- Experience in the administration of a broad range of entitlements and benefits using an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is required.
- Experience in administering entitlements and benefits to clients in globally dispersed locations is desirable.
- Advise human resources assistants on staff pay and benefits, including the on-boarding of selected candidates.
- Provide advice and support to managers and staff on human resources related matters.
- Keep abreast of developments in various areas of human resources (HR).
- Supervise the work of the human resources assistants in carrying out human resources administrative transactions, including preparation of personnel actions, maintenance of staffing tables and processing of contracts.
- Prepare special reports and participate and/or leads special human resources projects.
ADMINISTRATION OF ENTITLEMENTS:
- Provide advice on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules. Review and provide advice on exceptions to policies, regulation and rules.
- Administer and provide advice on salary and related benefits, travel, and social security entitlements.
- Determine and recommend benefits and entitlements for staff on the basis of contractual status.
- Review policies and procedures and recommend changes as required.
- Advise and counsel staff in respect of rights, responsibilities, code of conduct and difficulties associated with work and entitlements .
- Perform other related duties as assigne
Method of Application
Closing Date : 25 October. 2021