Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowships 2024/2025: Apply below.
The Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program is a globally competitive fellowship program for early and mid-career researchers whose work is dedicated to improving the learning and development of children and youth worldwide.
Application Deadline: 21st January, 2024, 23.59 CET.
Eligible Countries: See list below
About the Award: The Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program is a globally competitive fellowship program for early and mid-career researchers whose work is dedicated to improving the learning and development of children and youth worldwide. The relevant disciplines include, but are not limited to, education sciences, psychology, economics, sociology, behavioral science, computer science, pedagogy, linguistics, neurosciences, and science of learning.
Particularly encouraged to apply are scholars who seek to combine multiple levels of analysis and engage in interdisciplinary work. A special focus lies on work to understand and embrace variability in learning; promote the generation, transfer, and practical application of evidence on human learning and development or increase the capacity to scale up effective education policies and practices.
The Jacobs Foundation is especially interested in the following questions:
- How do variations in individuals and contextual factors influence learning and development and learning outcomes?
- How can we design for learner variability at scale to enable all children to reach their potential as learners and in life?
- How can we produce interventions that reduce growing inequalities in children’s learning and overcome disparities in the impacts of digital technologies?
- How can we address the role of data to help learners and teachers make informed decisions about their learning and teaching?
To find out more about the Jacobs Foundation Strategy 2030 please visit Jacobs Foundation.
Fellowships are awarded to highly talented and innovative early and mid-career researchers who have received their PhD within the past 10 years. Funding from Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowships is awarded directly to the fellow’s institution and may be used by the fellow over a three-year period to cover a portion of the fellow’s salary and for any purpose in support of the fellow’s research, such as assistants’ salaries, equipment, technical assistance, professional travel, or trainee support.
Eligibility: The ideal candidate
- has obtained his/her PhD or equivalent degree within the past 10 years;
- is employed at an institution of higher education or research institute;
- is conducting high-quality research in an area of interest to the Jacobs Foundation;
- is committed to engaging with the Jacobs Foundation and the Fellowship Network and contributing to the Foundation’s activities.
Selection Criteria: The following selection criteria are weighted equally:
- Past research accomplishments and publication record
- Creativity and potential for serving as a leader in the scientific community
- Scientific quality of methods and data
- International relevance of the fellow’s planned work
- Potential for promoting human development and learning
- Alignment of planned projects with the goals of the Jacobs Foundation
- Willingness to support the Foundation’s aims and to engage with us
Number of Awards: 2
Value of Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship: In addition to providing fellows with independent and competitive funding, the program offers a wide range of non-financial benefits.
How to Apply for Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship:
- Click on Post Application.
- Applications must be completed by January 21, 2024, 23.59 CET. After this time, the application form will automatically close.
Three additional documents must be submitted:
To be uploaded in connection with the application form:
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae, including a list of the candidate’s scientific publications
- A published scientific paper by the candidate