Kenya Ministry of Health COVID-19 Volunteer Registration Form.
In a bit to curb the daily spread of the global pandemic, coronavirus called COVID-19, the Republic of Kenya Ministry of Health is calling upon Kenyans of goodwill, organizations and partners to support the country’s efforts in managing the pandemic as front-line and back-line volunteers, for the various activities that the government is putting in place to respond to COVID-19.
The board appreciates the level of interest that so many have to support Kenya’s coronavirus response efforts. They promise to do their best to follow up on every offer of support when the need arises.
Interested persons should CLICK HERE to fill the Volunteer Registration Form. See Terms & Conditions upon completion of the form.
Terms & Conditions for COVID-19 Volunteers
As a volunteer, I am committed to working for the prevention and relief of COVID- 19 pandemic that is facing the World and my Country Kenya by offering my services for the advancement, promotion and preservation of good health for people in Kenya.
The work undertaken by the volunteers is invaluable and these aims could not be achieved without their help and support. The volunteers will be treated with the same respect and courtesy given to employees and we expect to receive the same professionalism in return.
When Volunteering with the Ministry of Health, you have a duty to take reasonable care of yourself and others who could be affected by what you do or fail to do.
I understand that I require information to perform my duties for which I am volunteering.
This information may include but is not limited to, information on patients, employees, students, other workforce members, donors, research, financial and business operations (collectively referred to as “Confidential Information”). Some of this information is made confidential by law and/or by the Ministry of Health policies.
Confidential Information may be in any form, e.g., written, electronic, oral, overheard or observed.
I also understand that access to all Confidential Information is granted on a need-to-know basis. A need-to-know is defined as information access that is required in order to perform my work or volunteer duties. If my duties change, my need-to-know also may change. By accepting below, I agree to the following:
- I will review the applicable Ministry of Health policies on confidentiality and privacy.
- I will access, use and disclose Confidential Information in keeping with the abovementioned policies and only on a need-to-know basis.
- I will not disclose Confidential Information to other patients, friends, relatives, co-workers or anyone else except as permitted by the Ministry of Health policies and applicable law and as required to perform my work or volunteer duties.
- I will not post or discuss Confidential Information, including pictures and/or videos on my personal social media sites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.). Likewise, I will not post or discuss Confidential Information on the Ministry of Health-sponsored social media sites without the appropriate approval in accordance with established ministry policies and procedures.
- I will not access, maintain or transmit Confidential Information on any unencrypted portable electronic devices (e.g. Blackberries, Androids, iPhones, iPads, etc.)
- I will protect the confidentiality of all Confidential Information during the period I will be volunteering. All Confidential Information remains the property of the Ministry of Health and may not be removed or kept by me at the end of my volunteer period.
- If I violate this agreement I may be subject to termination of my right to volunteer, under applicable programme policies. In addition, under applicable law, I may be subject to criminal or civil penalties
- The volunteer is solely responsible for arranging and paying for their own travel, including all to and from their residence to the placement area.
- It is the responsibility of the volunteer to carry all necessary identification documents whilst on placement.
- Personal Risks
- The volunteer acknowledges and accepts the responsibilities and risks associated with their agreement to provide volunteer services in the management of the COVID-19 pandemic. The voluntary work may be often hazardous and involve a certain degree of risk, inherently dangerous activities and personal perils to the volunteer, both foreseen and unforeseen, all of which are fully accepted by and solely assumed by the volunteer. Therefore, the Ministry of Health is not liable, to the maximum extent of the law, for any loss or harm the volunteer or associates may suffer, including but not limited to loss caused by: Personal injury, Accommodation, Transportation, Safety, Hygiene, Civil Unrest, Dangers associated with wild or other animals, Religious Activities, High Altitude, Food, Water, Emotional Injury, Death, Illness or disease, War or Act of Terrorism, Damage to or loss of property, accident or illness in remote regions without means of rapid evacuation or availability of medical supplies and facilities, Adequacy of medical attention once provided.
- The volunteer accepts, acknowledges and confirms that personal injury or illness, emotional trauma, property damage and death may occur by natural causes or activities of persons or animals, either as a result of negligence or because of other reasons.
- The Volunteer acknowledges that where s/he contracts the COVID-19 virus, s/he will be provided care in one of the designated government facilities and will be accorded care similar to that of other patients.
- The volunteer acknowledges that the Ministry of Health has the right to provide alternative placement of an enrolled volunteer from time to time.
- The volunteer will be expected to meet all his/her costs incidental to the placement, i.e. transport, accommodation, meals and subsistence during the time of placement.
- The Ministry of Health will provide Personal Protective Equipment to the Volunteer as the case maybe depending on their area of placement.
- Legal Binding
These Terms set out shall be legally binding upon you, your family, heirs, administrators, executors and legal representatives. In accepting this document & by applying to be a Volunteer, you are not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by the Ministry of Health other than what is set forth in these Terms.
- Governing Law
All disputes and cases will be solved in accordance with the Laws of Kenya only.
I have read and understood the above terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them. I understand that accepting and complying with these terms is a requirement for me to work and/or volunteer at the Ministry of Health.