Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at Health Strat Kenya…How to Apply.
Health Strat is a pioneer of 3600 Health Systems Solutions in Kenya, applying a customized approach to holistic assessments, strategy development, implementation, and technical assistance. Our vision is that all people in the region have access to affordable, comprehensive, evidence-based, high quality, responsive and sustainable health care. Our People Our team members have extensive experience in planning, implementing, and evaluating United States Government-funded HIV programs in Kenya over the past decade. Our staff includes practicing clinical experts, organizational development and systems strengthening specialists, and policy advisors at the national and international level. Our team has practical experience developing customized assessment tools, conducting participatory assessments, generating capacity building strategies, and providing training, mentorship, and technical support to ensure sustainable improvements.
About the Project
Monitoring and Evaluation & Strategic Information Systems (MESIS) Project is a project led by Health Strat in partnership with the National and AIDS STI Control Program (NASCOP) through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The project supports enhancing strategic information capacity for HIV/AIDS programs towards sustaining epidemic control in Kenya through monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and data science.
Reporting to the Strategic Information (SI) Technical Lead, the M&E Officer will carry out strategic information responsibilities related to the program, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results.
S/he will support efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and support NASCOP through Strategic Information Research and Implementation science (SIRI) team to monitor, document and analyze the performance of HIV/TB services and activities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate and provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, semi-annual, annual and other project reports.
- Support the SI Technical Lead and Evaluation Advisor to maintain the overall framework for project M&E.
- In collaboration with SIRI team, support HIV/STI M&E work including but not limited to monitoring the uptake of M&E tools and assessing data quality indicators for data reported through KHIS and HIV related data systems
- In collaboration with the NASCOP SIRI Team Lead and project SI Technical Lead, support compilation and dissemination of national and county performance reports/policies.
- Provide technical assistance and mentorship to SIRI, County Health Management Teams and build their capacity on data demand and information use for decision making.
- In collaboration with NASCOP and other SI stakeholders, participate in field visits for data verification, support supervision and data quality assessments/improvement
- Provide support in the preparation of the NASCOP SIRI work plans and Strategic Plan
- Participate in the annual MOH-PEPFAR data/indicator alignment activity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biostatistics/Statistics/Health Records and Information/ Public Health Informatics/ Computer Science or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in relevant field will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in implementing M&E systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, performance-based programs funded by PEPFAR.
- Experience providing M&E support for HIV/TB.
- Demonstrable experience with KHIS, DATIM, 3PM and other HIV/TB data management and reporting platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and coordinating data collection, processing and analysis systems.
- Demonstrated experience in developing statistical analysis plans while adhering to statistical principles
- Training on DHIS-2 and/or other relevant open source software used for HIV/TB data management.
- Training on M&E and Data Analytics
- Demonstrated ability on manipulation, analysis and visualization of quality data for decision making using software packages such as STATA, R, Power BI, GIS etc. and writing the related technical analytical reports to support decision making.
- Demonstrated ability on designing and maintaining data collection tools in mobile platforms e.g. ODK Collect and KOBO Collect
- Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Strong interpersonal communication and facilitation skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are required to include the position title they are applying for on the subject line of the email.
Applicants are expected to quote their current and expected gross pay in the cover letter.
Incomplete applications and applications received after specified deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date : 20th April, 2021