The Nyeri National Polytechnic Minimum Entry Requirements for all Courses
Are you looking for the Basic Entry Requirements to secure admission at The Nyeri National Polytechnic, Kenya? if that’s what you are looking for, this article brings to you the complete entry requirements to secure admission.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL THE COURSES
TECHNICAL/ENGINEERING DIPLOMA COURSES
Mean grade C-(minus) or Craft Certificate
BUSINESS and ICT DIPLOMA COURSES
- Diploma – Mean grade C-(minus) and above or Craft Certificate
- CPA (KASNEB) mean grade C+ (Plus) with C+ in Mathematics and English
- CICT (KASNEB) mean grade C+ (Plus) with C+ in Mathematics and English
- Accounting Technicians Diploma Level I – mean grade C-(minus)
APPLIED AND HEALTH SCIENCE COURSE
- Pharmaceutical Technology: Mean grade C (Plain) with C (Plain) in Mathematics/Physics, English/Kiswahili, Chemistry and Biological Sciences.
- Applied Biology: Mean grade C- (minus) preferably with C- (minus) in Biology/Biological sciences.
- Analytical Chemistry: Mean Grade C- (minus) preferably with C- (Minus) in Chemistry/Physical Sciences.
- Food Science Technology: Mean grade C- (minus) preferably with C- (minus) in Chemistry and Biology
- HIGHER DIPLOMA – Diploma or degree from a recognized Institution
ALL CERTIFICATE COURSES
Mean grade D (plain and preferably D (plain) in Mathematics, English and Physics or Physical Sciences, in NAVCET 1 – KCPE and above
SKILLS IMPROVEMENT / SHORT COURSES
- Computer Proficiency Programmes CISCO & ICDL are offered at any time of the year, and available to all interested persons.
- Information Technology (IT) Essentials (CISCO)
- Introduction to Cyber Security
- Introduction to the Internet of Everything (IoE)
- Mobility Fundamentals
- Get Connected
- Computer Hardware and Software Maintenance-3 Months
- Cisco Certified Programming Associate
- Linux Essentials
- ICDL Digital Citizen
- Soft furnishing i.e. Design and production of loose covers, Curtains, Cake baking and decoration, Housekeeping, Pastry and Pastry products, Basic cookery and Laundry.
- Short courses in Hair Dressing, Beauty Therapy, Plumbing, Pipe work, Drain Laying, Masonry, Walling, Carpentry, Door Frame Construction, Door Lining Construction, Electrical Wire man/Fitter, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Installation, Microcontroller Programming, Inverter Design & Fabrication, Amplifier Design & Fabrication, Garment making, Mechanical General Fitter, Paint Decorator, Turner, Sheet Metal, Welding, and Fabrication, Lathe Work, Tie & Die, Printing, Embroidery, Batik and Direct Cutting are available for 3 Months.
- Short courses in Motor Vehicle Mechanics, Motor Vehicle Electricians, Panel beating and Spray Painting are available for the duration of 1 year.
- Solar Power Installation Technician (T1 and T2)
- Instrumentation and Control Technician.
- Organizations/Companies’ tailored courses are offered at any time of the year.
Fees for all courses are low and affordable. The details are given when a student is selected to join the Polytechnic.