Sasol Foundation Bursary 2024 For Undergraduate South Africans – Eligibility, Application Form & How to Apply.
Apply below. Sasol Foundation Bursary Programme 2024 for Undergraduate South Africans.
WHEN IS APPLICATION DEADLINE:
21st August 2023
TELL ME ABOUT SASOL FOUNDATION BURSARY:
The Sasol Foundation offers an all-inclusive bursary to talented individuals who are planning to study full-time towards an undergraduate degree to pursue STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) careers. Priority will be given to degree studies that are in line with future capabilities (Green Economy and Digitalisation), which include disciplines such as Engineering, Information Technology, Data Sciences, Agricultural Science, Environmental Sciences, Medical Sciences and Construction & Manufacturing among others.
No postgraduate bursaries for 2024 academic year.
These bursaries are reserved only for qualifying students from Sasol’s fence line communities (municipalities / districts around Sasol plants / operations); children of Sasol Khanyisa shareholders; and children of Sasol employees, wishing to study towards non-STEM qualifications.
- These bursary opportunities are limited to South African citizens (by birth only), who are / will be pursuing degree studies at a public South African University or University of Technology.
- The Sasol Foundation is also offering STEM and Non-STEM bursaries exclusively for qualifying children of Sasol employees, Sasol Khanyisa/Inzalo shareholders as well as applicants from Sasol fence-line communities.
- Sasol Foundation reserves the right to select qualifying individuals based on academic performance, household income, acceptance to University/University of Technology as well South African citizenship.
- Please note that applicants who are in Grade 12 this year, must submit the Grade 11 (final year end) results. All other applicants must submit end of year results of whichever year they have completed. (For example Grade 12 or those who were enrolled at a Higher Learning Institution must use their end of year results to apply.)
- No postgraduate bursaries for 2024 academic year.
WHICH FIELDS ARE ELIGIBLE?
- A full-time undergraduate Degree to pursue STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and non-STEM careers.
- A limited number of non-STEM bursaries are reserved only for qualifying children of Sasol employees, Khanyisa/Inzalo Shareholders or candidates from Sasol fence-line communities.
- Agricultural Science
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Education (majoring only in STEM subjects)
- Engineering (All)
- Financial Science
- Health Science
- Mathematical Science
WHO CAN APPLY FOR SASOL FOUNDATION BURSARIES?
To be considered, you must have acceptance or provisional acceptance for degree studies at a South African University or University of Technology. Bursaries will only be awarded for full-time studies at undergraduate level, and you must be a South African citizen (by birth) and have acceptance or provisional acceptance for studies at a South African University or University of Technology.
All applicants will undergo screening based on the following criteria:
- South African citizenship
- Household income verifications
- Acceptance / conditional acceptance to an approved University / University of Technology, strictly for a STEM field of study approved by the Sasol Foundation.
- Non-STEM bursaries are reserved only for qualifying children of Sasol employees, Khanyisa/Inzalo shareholders or candidates from Sasol fence-line communities.
- Academic performance of the applicants
- Combined household income must be less than R600,000.00 per annum. The final selection will prioritise financially needy and academically competitive candidates.
- Must have obtained a minimum of 60% in all subjects
Online Odyssey Psychometric Testing:
- All applicants short-listed must complete Psychometric Testing and will be notified thereof.
- Applicants will be assessed online by means of a psychometric test.
General Notes on Application Process
- All applications should be submitted before close of business of the application closing date.
- The outcome of the selection events will be communicated to all applicants.
WHICH COUNTRIES ARE ELIGIBLE?
WHERE WILL AWARD BE TAKEN?
HOW MANY AWARDS?
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF SASOL BURSARY?
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees (no payment for repeat modules)
- Book & pocket money
- Meal and accommodation money
- A once-off Computer and Calculator allowance
- Psycho-social support (Student discussions / Workshops / EAP – Employee assistance programme @ Sasol etc.)
HOW TO APPLY FOR SASOL FOUNDATION BURSARY:
Steps to follow when completing the bursary application form.
- Click here to apply or visit the About Us page, find the Now Open block and select Click Here to Apply
- Select Register
- Fill in the required details
- Click on – Create New Account
- You will receive an activation email, click on Activate Account
- It will lead you to screen to verify your email and to create a password
- Upon creation, you will be back on the login page
- Enter your email and password
- You have logged in
- Click on South African Bursary Application (Top Left Corner)
- Click on Undergraduate Applications
- Supply required information
- Read the disclaimer
- Accept the disclaimer to proceed by clicking on the white button turning it blue
- You can exit the page once you receive a response on your application (which will also be emailed to you)
- Click on Current Bursars Login
- Supply login information
- The form will take you to the section you have not completed
- Click on Request New Password
- Supply email address you registered with
- A password reset will be mailed to original registered email address
- Once you receive your password via email, continue with login process
- Make sure to fill in required sections
- Each completed section will have a blue mark on the navigation at the top
- The Save and Continue button allocated at the bottom of each section enables you to save your data. Click on this button before you exit or continue to the next section.
- If a section is incomplete and you click Submit, the page will give you error messages.
- You may log out from the application form and use the login screen to complete your application form at a later stage before date of closure.
- You will not be able to edit sections that you have submitted. If you need to make changes to sections email [email protected] for assistance
SUBMIT APPLICATION FORM
- Only once you have completed all required information, you will be allowed to submit your bursary application. Remember to click on the button to accept the disclaimer.
- If you have any queries contact 0860 106 235 or email [email protected]
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Applications by e-mail and/or not submitted via the Sasol bursaries website will not be considered.