Technical University of Mombasa Library: library.tum.ac.ke – About TUM Library, Mission, Vision, Objective, Opening Hours & Special Collections.
To provide adequate and relevant information resources and services that support learning, teaching and research activity at the Technical University of Mombasa through improvements in quality of existing services and staff and application of modern information and communication technology.
A world class resource centre in the provision of information and preservation of knowledge.
i. To provide information resources and services that facilitate learning, teaching and research at TUM and the surrounding community,
ii. To promote the creation and sharing of knowledge within the University,
iii. To promote the use of ICT in information and knowledge management,
iv. Ensure efficient and effective utilization of information resources and services and
v. To promote independent research by sensitizing and training users on how to search, find and use information from different sources.
Monday to Friday: 8:30 AM – 10.00 PM
Exam Time: Monday to Friday: 8:00 AM – 10.00 PM
Saturday: 9:00AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday and public holidays: Closed
1. Silence must be observed at all times. Use of mobile phones is prohibited. Please put them on vibration mode.
2. Good order must be observed in the Library e.g. placing of feet on furniture, removal of shirts, wearing of caps, flip flops and hats, eating or sleeping in the Library are forbidden.
3. Smoking, eating and the use of open fire in any part of the Library is prohibited.
4. Cases, parcels, overcoats, etc must be left in the baggage area.
5. All users leaving the library carrying books or parcels must show them to the security.
6. Stealing or attempting to steal books(s) or any other property is an offence and those caught will be severely dealt with.
7. Failure to observe the rules may earn suspension from use of library.