The management of the University of Eastern Africa, Baraton (UEAB) is pleased to announce the entry requirements for the various programmes offered at the university. Interested applicants should proceed to check the requirements below.
The Entry Requirements are as follows:-
The minimum entrance requirements for the first degree under direct entry qualifications are:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
a) A minimum mean grade of C+ (plus) or its equivalent.
b) Meet the entrance requirements for the preferred area of study.
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education (A-Level Certificate):
a) A minimum of 2 principal passes and two subsidiary passes.
b) Meet the consideration for the area of study.
- Applicants with a Diploma Certificate from recognized institutions and with a mean grade of C (plain) at KCSE or its equivalent may be admitted into undergraduate programmes.
Candidates applying for admission to the University of Eastern Africa, Baraton through the Pre-University programme must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum mean grade of C- (minus) in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) or its equivalent.
- Do a minimum of 29 credits of Pre-University Programme.
- Attain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.33. In addition they should obtain a grade of C- (minus) and above in the area of study they wish to pursue.
Mature Age Entry
The University of Eastern Africa, Baraton, extends limited opportunities to adults who desire to pursue undergraduate programmes leading to a baccalaureate degree but lack the required credentials for direct admission. The mature age programme is deemed necessary because it gives an adult individual an opportunity to improve his or her professional skills for quality service delivery. Candidates applying for admission through Mature Age Entrance must meet the following requirements:
- i. Have a Secondary School certificate.
- ii. Be at least 25 years of age.
- iii. Pass the Mature Age Entrance Examination administered by the University of Eastern Africa, Baraton.
- iv. Meet other criteria that may be stipulated by the University. Admission under mature-age entry qualification is on provisional standing for one year
For more information or inquiries, visit the University of Eastern Africa, Baraton (UEAB) Website or Contact them.