University of Pretoria (UP) Admission Requirements – Undergraduate, Masters & Doctorate Programmes Entry Requirements.
The following are the requirements for admission into the programmes offered at The University of Pretoria (UP);
- National Senior Certificate (NSC)
- Mathematics: 5 (C Symbol: 60%-69%) (Note that Mathematical Literacy will not be accepted)
- Physical Science: 5 (C Symbol: 60%-69%)
- English or Afrikaans: 4 (D Symbol: 50%-59%)
- Life Orientation: 4 (D Symbol: 50%-59%) (Excluded when calculating the APS)
- Two other subjects: 4 (D Symbol: 50%-59%)
- An Admission Points Score (APS) of 32
- Admission test
Candidates who do not comply with these entrance requirements may write the admissions test to be considered for possible admission to the BSc Four-year Programme by the Admissions Committee.
(4 years full-time study)
The new BSc Four-year Programme provides access to science and science-based degree programmes by setting lower entrance requirements compared to the entrance requirements for BSc Three Year programmes. It offers intensive training in order to prepare students for further studies in normal science and science-based degree programmes. This will mean that students who enrol in this programme, have exactly the same outcomes as the existing BSc/degree programmes. The Programme is accessible to all grade 12 candidates. Only a limited number of students are admitted to the Extended Programme.
The programme is offered in English on both the Hatfield campus and Mamelodi campus. Successful candidates will be placed on either the Hatfield Campus or the Mamelodi Campus, depending on the availability of facilities.
The duration of the first phase of the programme is 18 months (3 semesters). After successfully completing the programme, students will have obtained credits equivalent to Year 1 Semester 1 of the Three Year Programme and the student may register for the modules Year 1 Semester 2 offered in the Three Year Programme. In the extended courses additional enrichment components, such as lab work, computer-aided learning, seminars and small-group tutorials are provided to help the students.
The Programme has the following streams: Mathematical Sciences, Biological and Agricultural Sciences, Veterinary Biology, and Physical Sciences. Students who wish to study engineering should apply for the Physical Science stream, students who want to study in one of the health sciences degrees should apply for the Biological Sciences stream. Transfer from one stream in the BSc Four Year Programme to another is possible at the end of the first semester.
- National Senior Certificate (NSC)
- Mathematical Literacy will not be accepted
- Mathematics 4 (50%-59%) or 3 (40%-49%) only if a 4 was obtained for Physical Sciences.
- Physical Science 4 (50%-59%) or 3 (40%-49%) only if a 4 was obtained for Mathematics.
- English or Afrikaans: 4 (50%-59%)
- Life Orientation: 4 (50%-59%) (Excluded when calculating the APS)
- Two other subjects: 4 (50%-59%)
- An Admission Points Score (APS) of at least 22
- Admissions test
Please note that these results do not automatically admit students to the Extended Programme instead of the normal BSc programmes for which the candidates do not meet the requirements. A further selection is based on the results of the admission test, which applicants are required to take.
Warning: Undefined array key "mts_social_button_layout" in /home/u487778199/domains/kescholars.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/mts_schema/functions/theme-actions.php on line 461