Women in Africa Women for Zero Hunger 2023 for Non-profit Organisations – Eligibility/ Requirements, Application procedure, and how to get the application.
When is Application Deadline?
24th February 2023
Tell Me About Award:
Because food security is a fundamental right, because Stop Hunger and Women In Africa believe in the potential and determination of women to lift the most vulnerable communities out of hunger – together they created the Women for Zero Hunger program, in order to support associations fighting against hunger and food insecurity in Africa.
“Women for Zero Hunger” will enable 3 non-profit organizations:
- to be visible: to inspire, to be recognized and to have more impact;
- to be mentored: to benefit from expert advice and personalized support;
- to be funded: each of the 3 associative structures will receive €5,000. At the end of the mentoring program, one of the three finalist structures will be chosen by the jury members on the basis of pre-established criteria and will receive an additional €5,000 in financial support. In addition, the representative will be invited to the annual Stop Hunger event in Paris to receive a trophy and benefit from a crowdfunding operation during the event.
What Countries are Eligible?
Who is Eligible?
- The program is accessible to nonprofit organizations with at least 3 years of experience
- The association must be African or active in an African country
- The association must work in at least one African Anglophone and/or Francophone country
How are Applicants Selected?
- Number of beneficiaries supported by the association
- Quality of the “solution”
- Scalability of the “solution”
- Beneficiaries: the solution must primarily benefit women or girls
Note! The association can be managed by either a man or a woman.
What is Value of Award?
- Each of the 3 non-profit organizations will receive €5,000. At the end of the mentoring period, one of the three finalist associations will be chosen by the jury members on the basis of pre-established criteria and will be invited to the annual Stop Hunger evening in Paris to receive the Stop Hunger trophy.
- This will give the winning association extra visibility as well as an additional €5,000 in financial support and a crowdfunding operation during the event.
- The 3 selected associations will take part in a 6-month-personalised-mentoring program run by Stop Hunger and Women In Africa.
How to Apply?
Non-profit organizations are invited to apply from January 16 to February 24, 2023 by completing a detailed selection questionnaire. The top 10 non-profit organizations will be pre-selected by Women In Africa (WIA) before being presented to the international jury of the program, which will select 3 associations!