African Gender and Media Initiative Trust Recruitment 2021…See Details on how to apply for the vacancies available at African Gender and Media Initiative Trust.
African Gender and Media Initiative Trust (GEM) is a progressive not-for-profit organisation that works to advance gender equality through research and action on women’s rights. GEM began as a research arm and reservoir of knowledge and information for the African Women and Child Feature Service. Having grown in depth and breadth, it got registered as an autonomous organisation in 2008.
- Project officer
- Develop and monitor implementation of work plans at GEM Trust.
- Coordinate implementation of activities of the various projects.
- Spear head GEM’s publicity activities related to project work.
- Initiate and maintain partnerships and networks with national and county stakeholders for coordination and harmonizing all projects including those of SRHR.
- Develop and implement a strategy for periodic program reviews based on project.
- Targets and timelines.
- Represent GEM in donor and partner meetings.
- Ensures effective utilization of project resources (both financial and materials).
- Support monitoring, evaluation, and operational research at GEM Trust.
- Support the Programme Manager in producing timely narrative and financial reports according to the formats and standard required by donors.
- Support the Programme Manager in programme and project administration.
- Supporting the Program Manager in proposal writing and managing donor reporting.
- Contribute and support the Program Manager in the in programme development (technical as well as financial) including in fundraising.
- Any other task as assigned by the Programme manager.
- A minimum of University graduate degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, or any related development field.
- Proven experience in the field of SRHR/ field of community health and rights based approach, advocacy.
- Two years of relevant working experience preferably in a developing country Demonstrable skills and experience in programme design, management and implementation.
- Programmes Manager
- Manage Gem Trusts projects, along all project cycle management phases, including development and implementation of workplans and budgets, regular monitoring and evaluation, technical and financial reporting, while ensuring compliance with donor requirements and regulations;
- Develop and implement a monitoring and evaluation plan including processes and tools adapted to advocacy, communication and capacity strengthening;
- Providing leadership to programmatic activities
- Liaising with the programmes team in contracting consultants for researches, evaluations and any other assignments that arise from time to time.
- Offering back up support to programme staff in facilitating training workshops and other activities if and when the need arises.
- Ensuring quality control of all official documents, publications and other communication emanating from GEM.
- Participating in the development of training materials
- Ensuring compliance with donor requirements on periodic or annual narrative reporting.
- Assisting in addressing problems and challenges confronting programmes.
- Participating in programme team meetings.
- Representing GEM in meetings with other activities by donors and key GEM partners.
- To approve imprest requests, payments and receipts.
- Approval of payments by the organization.
- Approval of Journal Vouchers.
- Certifying periodic requests of funds from donors.
- Ensuring periodic financial reports are submitted to donors as required by grant agreements.
- Co-coordinating the preparation and submission of fund-raising proposals to donors.
- Meeting donors with respective programme staff for fundraising.
- Ensuring strict compliance with financial regulations and promoting better standards of financial management.
- Ensuring that funds are expended for authorized purposes.
Personnel matters: In liaison with the Executive Director
- To verify that payment vouchers and cheques have been correctly prepared.
- Ensuring that recruitment is done fairly and only qualified and competent persons are appointed to work at GEM for all positions.
- Ensuring members of staff comply with the terms and conditions of their employment.
- Ensuring that annual or other periodic staff appraisals are conducted.
- Ensuring that periodic performance standards are set for each member of staff.
- Authorization of staff leaves .
- Promote team harmony and synergy at the secretariat.
- Master’s level degree in a relevant subject area (e.g. politics, theology, social sciences, law, business management or a related field)
- At least 5 years of relevant management, supervisory, and technical experience working with programmes management, advocacy and communication programmes related to sexual and reproductive health and women’s rights.
How to Apply
NOTE:You must indicate the job title
Application Deadline: 16th March 2021.
Warning: Undefined array key "mts_social_button_layout" in /home/u487778199/domains/kescholars.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/mts_schema/functions/theme-actions.php on line 461