Apply for ABC Bank Recruitment.
The incumbent will perform amongst others the below responsibilities;
- Routine Database Administrator tasks; that is running health checks to ensure optimal Database performance on Linux, Solaris and Windows servers.
- Planning Capacity, managing Space while ensuring storage allocation.
- Installation, administration and troubleshooting of Oracle databases using best practice on Linux/Solaris/Windows.
- Implementation, administration and troubleshooting Oracle data guard for Primary Data Replication.
- Handling Oracle Data guard switchover, switchback and failover in case of production environment outage.
- Implementation of Oracle database security measures. ‘Managing oracle database users and Database security.
- Unix Shell scripting for Oracle database backup automation — Cron jobs. Maintaining availability and integrity of oracle 10g/11g/12c databases.
- Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology or related degree.
- Certification in Linux, Solaris Unix, Oracle database, MSsqlserver or PostgresSQL administration.
- At least 3 years of experience in managing Solaris, Linux servers and Oracle databases
- Dependable and honest, with ability of maintaining confidentiality with high level of integrity and professional ethics.
- A conceptual thinker with ability to organize, plan, coordinate, prioritize and deliver projects in time.
- Participates effectively in a team-based information and value sharing environment.
- High client service orientation (internal and external) and initiative to solve problems, decision
- making, excellent analytical and communication skills — good interpersonal skills including oral and written communication.
How to Apply
Send your application on or before 10th April 2020 on the following address
[email protected]. Please put the position applied for in the application as the subject of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.