Innovation Fund Coordinator at Colleges and Institutes Canada…See Details on how to apply for the job vacancy available at Colleges and Institutes.
Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan) is the national, voluntary membership organization representing publicly supported colleges, institutes, CEGEPs, and polytechnics in Canada and internationally. Known previously as the Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC), CICan continues to champion the innovations, applied research, international development, and the employment or entrepreneurial opportunities that are created by its member institutions and partners all over the world. CICan’s members work with industry and social sectors to train 1.5 million learners of all ages and backgrounds at campuses serving over 3,000 urban, rural, and remote communities across Canada. The association is committed to quality education and skills development opportunities for all Canadians as a means to maximize labor market participation and support Canada’s prosperity.
- Innovation Fund Coordinator
- Work with the SPO in the management of subgrantees/consultants’ contracts, deliverables, monitoring of contract compliance, and facilitation of timely payment of invoices.
- Work with the SPO in the management of overall delivery of the project objectives and activities and financial resources provided for in the project budget.
- Support the SPO with the review of financial reports and narrative reports from sub-grantees/consultants including the processing of advances and payments.
- Ensure the proper completion of financial and narrative reports from subgrantees/consultants by providing guidance, mentoring, support, and answers to inquiries.
- Act as a primary point of contact with subgrantees/consultants.
- Coordinate all communication to, and nurturing of relationships with, project partners and subgrantees/consultants through in-person and digital means (phone, email, MS Teams, etc.).
- Support the SPO in the drafting of work plans and budgets.
- Monitor project progress towards objectives to manage project milestones and outputs and support the drafting of reports to IDRC.
- Organize and coordinate events as required, including program steering committee meetings, training sessions, and learning events.
- Provide guidance and problem-solving support for project-related issues.
- Draft Terms of Reference, Request for Proposals (RFP) documents and contract for sub-grantees/consultants when necessary.
- Contribute to internal and external knowledge-sharing, dissemination, and implementation strategies to support project objectives.
- Contribute to corporate planning and discussions in line with CICan strategic goals and objectives, including on issues of Gender Equality on projects.
- Proactively share ideas to improve the overall project effectiveness and efficiency of the project.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Business, Social Sciences, Finance, Accounting, or any other related degree.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in managing/implementing research grants or applied research-focused initiatives.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and research skills.
- Experience working on international development projects, ideally in the education and/or TVET sector.
- Experience organizing meetings and large events including training sessions and forums/conferences.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines and prioritize.
- Demonstrated competence in the planning, implementation, administration, and reporting of donor-funded projects.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an aptitude for teamwork to promote and encourage a culture of learning and sharing.
- Ability to lead, work independently, and under pressure with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability using Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of various software programs.
- Fluency in written and verbal English.
- The Swahili language is an asset.
How to Apply
with the title on the subject line “Innovation Fund Coordinator, SITVES”.
Phone calls or in-person visits will not be accepted. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 8th March 2021.