CREA Emerging Leaders Initiative 2023 – Eligibility, Application Form & How to Apply.
Deadline: May 14, 2023
Are you an aspiring feminist? Do you believe in the feminist vision of human rights and social justice? Then here is an exciting and unique opportunity to deepen your leadership and expand your strategic thinking. apply for the CREA Emerging Leaders Initiative 2023!
Through the virtual year-long initiative, the chosen Emerging Leaders: Program Assistants (Els) will receive invaluable professional experience and drive real-world change by working within CREA teams and contributing to their programs and initiatives. The initiative will also help Els understand the nuances and challenges of working within a fast-paced feminist rights organization and develop the skills, networks, and knowledge to drive social change while understanding critical frameworks, perspectives, and management modalities that support social change movements. Els will participate in a global community of passionate advocates, while gaining access to resources, grounded learning, and mentorship for working in feminist social change and advocacy processes.
- Once selected for the Emerging Leaders Program, you will become part of a global community of feminist changemakers promoting human rights.
- You will get access to professional development, networking, and learning opportunities as well as platforms to connect with decision-makers and socially committed private sector representatives from around the world.
- You will also be able to attend online and in-person workshops and learning sessions.
- Training will be provided to selected candidates with continued learning and networking opportunities even after the program ends.
- Though the program duration is one year, the contract may be renewed in exceptional cases for a second year based on performance and organizational needs. Selected candidates will also be eligible to attend one of CREA’s Institutes in their second year.
- All ELs will be provided with an experience certificate on successfully completing the program.
- The cost to organization for the position is INR 40,000 per month (inclusive of all taxes). Fellows will also receive paid leave and health insurance.
- Open to early-career professionals, recent graduates, or professionals looking to switch to the social sector, who are passionate about driving positive social change and impact and based out of India.
- The program encourages individuals from diverse professional or educational backgrounds to join in the mission of advancing sexual and human rights for all structurally excluded groups while gaining valuable experience in working with social change organizations.
- The 2023 Emerging Leaders Initiative is open to applicants with diverse skill sets and selected candidates will be assessed and assigned roles reflective of their areas of growth, interest, and background.
- While they welcome applicants from any field, priority will be given to candidates who hold a university degree in social sciences
- Strong research, analytical, and writing skills
- Excellent management and networking skills
- Proficiency in English and working knowledge of Hindi
- Ability to work across time zones, geographies, and nationalities
- Ability to handle periods of high-pressure work
- Location anywhere in India, but with access to a stable internet with good bandwidth, and a working computer
Note: Selected applicants will be hired as Emerging Leaders 2023: Program Assistants and will report to the Senior Manager – Programs. All Els are expected to have access to their own work equipment and dedicate at least 40 hours of time every week.
Interested candidates must send their CV and a cover letter articulating their interest and reasons for applying to [email protected] on or before May 14, 2023. The expected start date for the one-year fellowship contract will be 1st July, 2023.
Include in the subject line the name of the program: “Emerging Leaders Initiative”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information, visit CREA Emerging Leaders Initiative.