DAAD University Winter Courses In Germany 2024 – Eligibility, Application Form & How to Apply.
DAAD University Winter Courses in Germany 2024 for Foreign Students and Graduates. Apply below.
When is Application Deadline: 15th August 2023
TELL ME ABOUT AWARD:
This scholarship programme is designed for students, graduates and doctoral candidates. It aims to help them improve their knowledge of the German language (general language) as well as German regional and cultural studies.
Important note: Please be aware that a simultaneous application to this programme and to the programme ‘University Winter Courses Online for Foreign Students and Graduates’ is not permitted and will result in exclusion from both application procedures.
Which Fields Are Eligible?
- The programme funds attendance of language and regional studies courses that are offered by state or state-recognised German universities and by affiliated language schools.
- Click here to find out more about the course providers and their course programmes.
- The courses are taught exclusively in German
Type: Undergraduate, Graduate, Doctoral
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Applications are open to students and graduates as well as doctoral candidates in any subject area.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least two academic years when the scholarship period starts.
- Students in the last year of a study programme are eligible to apply if they continue their studies in a postgraduate study programme shortly after completing their undergraduate degree. Please submit a letter of confirmation from your university as proof.
How are Applicants Selected? The most important selection criteria are:
- Previous academic achievements
- Convincing letter of motivation for choice of study programme and future academic project
Which Countries are Eligible? Developing Countries
Where will Award be Taken? Germany
How Many Awards? Not specified
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF AWARD?
- One-time scholarship payment of 2,151 euros
- Payment of a country-specific travel allowance
- Health, accident and personal liability insurance benefits
The above-mentioned scholarship benefits (including the travel allowance) are not transferred abroad.
The course fees and accommodation costs are usually directly deducted from the scholarship benefits by the language course provider, so that the scholarship holder may “only” receive the difference to the full amount from the course provider.
How Long will Award Last?
- Up to 6 weeks
- The grants are not extendable.
- The courses start in January and end in February.
HOW TO APPLY:
Certificates, proof of credits, certifications and translations may be submitted in non-authenticated form. The DAAD Head Office in Bonn reserves the right to request authenticated copies of the submitted documents at any time during the application procedure.
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (in German)
- Letter of motivation (in German)
- For undergraduate students: Copy of school leaving certificate with grades (with German or English translation)
- For graduate students and doctoral candidates: Copy of the last university degree certificate (with German or English translation)
- Proof of credits for all university examinations (with final grades) incl. explanation of grading systems (with German or English) translation
- Language certificates (with German or English translation, if applicable)
- Other documents you think might be of relevance to your application (e.g. proof of placements, certificates of employment)
Please submit your application online through the DAAD Portal.