Fabrication & Maintenance Supervisor Job at Sanergy… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Sanergy.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
- Execute preventative maintenance program in accordance with the provided schedule on all equipment, building, and machinery.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test, and make adjustments to equipment & tools as required. Equipment and tools include motors, gearboxes, pneumatic systems, coupling and motor alignment, roller chain/sprockets, conveyor systems, and production machines. Troubleshoots malfunctions and complies with NEC standards on wiring and installations.
- Continuously & intentionally build the operators’ skills to conduct quality Autonomous and Preventive Maintenance on their own.
- Liaise with the Maintenance Lead in adopting the problem-solving tools (RCAs, 5Why, RAPID) & coach operators on the adoption.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Optimizes maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies to accomplish job results.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting actions, communicating irregularities, and scheduling repair as appropriate.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Record and maintain up-to-date maintenance records, including up-to-date maintenance spare part inventory log, and plan for replacement of all used parts/lubricants.
- Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement.
Key Process Supervision Key Duties and Responsibilities
Work planning and execution
- Ensure that toilet parts are fabricated as per the work instructions.
- Assign tasks to team members as per the work orders.
- Ensure that tasks assigned to the team are performed satisfactorily and on time.
- Provide instructions and directions to the team during daily scrum meetings.
- Plan and execute projects geared towards improving efficiency of the fabrication process.
- Monitor and ensure that all fabrication safety procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that maintenance schedules for the fabrication facility and equipment are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure malfunctioning equipment is repaired in order to provide a safe working environment.
- Maintain discipline, high morale and good personnel relations among the team.
- Evaluate and complete biweekly performance appraisals of the fabrication team employees.
- Plan and conduct team training and coaching activities in order to improve performance.
Inventory and budget management
- Submit and reconcile the weekly budget on time.
- Submit and reconcile material requisition and tracking forms on time.
Collaboration with other teams
- Provide assistance to other teams in hosting site visits.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and company functions as required.
- Undertake other assigned duties and projects as required
- Diploma in Electrical / Mechanical / Automotive Engineering.
- 3+ years of general maintenance and process supervision experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Total Productive Maintenance and Reliability Centered Maintenance will be preferred.
- Strong knowledge of machines and equipment maintenance.
- Vehicle maintenance and repair capabilities.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application Deadline: 15th October 2022.