ICT Technician Job at KCA University… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at KCA University.
KCA University (KCAU) is a private, non-profit institution, founded in July 1989 as Kenya College of Accountancy (KCA) by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) to improve the quality of accountancy and financial management training in the country. KCAU is located on Thika Road in Ruaraka, Nairobi, Kenya. The institution also maintains satellite colleges under the School of Professional Programmes in Githunguri, Kericho, Eldoret, Kisumu and Kitengela.
- Ensure lab accessibility by lecturers and students;
- Undertake regular proactive maintenance of computers and other accessories;
- Maintain a daily log-in-log-out register of who uses the lab;
- Install and maintain an up-to-date software in the labs;
- Implement any changes as may be advised by the Head of section;
- Implement and maintain network and Internet connection.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- The applicant should be a current member of the staff of KCA University.
- Diploma in Computer Science or Information Communication Technology or its equivalent;
- Should have at least one (2) year experience as a Computer Lab Technician;
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Communication Skills – Ability to Communicate Effectively to help all end-users fix their issues and feel satisfied with the experience.
- Problem-solving Skills – Excellent analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Interpersonal Skills – Work with other professionals to develop and implement IT support strategies.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocols and LAN/WAN configuration.