Accountant/Program Assistant, Kenya Play (KPLAY) Jobs 2021 at IREX …..See details below on how to apply for the position at IREX 2021.
IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world-where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. We focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. With an annual portfolio of $80 million and 400 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
IREX, with partners Humans Who Play (HWP) and Dignitas, will collaborate with LEGO Foundation to offer the Kenya Play Project (KPLAY), a holistic, systemic, gender-responsive approach to introducing and scaling Learning through Play with Technology (LTPT) in Kwale and Kilifi counties, two of the most underserved and geographically divided counties in Kenya. Aligned with Kenya’s new national Competency-Based Curriculum (CBC), KPLAY will provide actionable methodologies to help teachers build the STEM and soft skills required by the CBC and for Kenya’s vision for its future.
The Program Assistant/Accountant will support the KPLAY Program by providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. He/she will support the Program Director (PD) and other employees through a variety of tasks related to the KPLAY Program financial health and communication. He/she is chiefly responsible for confidential and time sensitive material of the program.
He/she will also support the KPLAY Program by building systems to ensure 100% regulatory compliance at the national and county levels as well as to efficiently support our partnership and stakeholder networks. He/she will develop a robust filing system for all program materials, approvals, and correspondence that will be accessible for any regulatory and compliance tracking.
Reporting to the PD, he/she will maintain and review financial records for the KPLAY Program, ensuring compliance with accounting and tax laws. He/ she will prepare budgets, monitor expenditure and prepare financial reports on a regular basis. He/she will liaise with the HQ office to ensure compliant financial reporting.
Based in Mombasa, the Program Assistant will also perform administrative duties including responding to emails and answering calls, filing, data management, and managing schedules of the PD and Program Coordinator (PC), assist in budget oversight and event planning while maintaining the highest level of professionalism.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your background and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Non-Profit Management, Accounting or related field
- 1+ years of work experiences
- Working knowledge of accounting principles, budgeting, auditing and business administration
- Previous experience with program administration.
- Previous experience with budget tracking and financial management.
- Previous experience working in the NGO or Non-profit field
- Demonstrate mastery of fluency in English including spelling and grammar skills
- Administrative writing and reporting skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft office and database management
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Attention to detail and ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Have a working knowledge of supply management and inventory control
- Professionalism and teamwork
Must demonstrate valid proof of unrestricted authorization to work in Kenya.
The successful candidate may be required to present a Certificate of Good Conduct from CID in adherence to Child Protection Policies applicable in Kenya.
How To Apply
Closing Date : 21st February, 2021