Sector Manager Job (Agri-inputs) at Kenya Markets Trust…See Details on how to apply for the job vacancy available at Kenya Markets Trust.
Kenya Markets Trust is a Kenyan non-governmental organization that works in partnership with the private sector; non-governmental organizations; county and national governments; associations and other local and international partners to unleash large scale, sustainable market growth by changing the underlying incentives, capacities, and rules that shape how market systems work.
- Sector Manager Job (Agri-inputs)
- Working with the Head of Programmes, set the strategic direction and overall approach for KMT’s agri-input strategy implementation.
- Provide technical leadership in the development and implementation of high-quality interventions and concept notes to achieve agri-input sector objectives.
- Drive effective implementation of the sector work through a results-based management process that is aligned with KMT’s long-term objectives and strategic plan.
- Report the progress of the agri-inputs sector interventions to the Head of Programmes on a monthly basis or more frequently as required and participate in the sector reporting to the Board and funders on a quarterly basis.
- Lead identification, assessment, and engagement of strategic sector partners and market actors in collaboration with the Head of Programmes. Develop and maintain these key partnerships.
- Ensure quality control on reports and briefs prepared by Intervention Specialists before submission.
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop the agri-inputs sector team by promoting a culture of trust based on personal integrity, openness within the team, encouraging their commitment to KMT’s objectives, and meeting their personal development needs.
- Lead development of the sector annual budgets and work plans.
- Assume fiscal accountability for the sector budget and ensure the financial management of the sector interventions are compliant with KMT’s requirements.
- Set KPIs for staff, always aligning with the organizational and sector objectives, and conduct performance management evaluations in a timely manner to ensure superior levels of performance are maintained.
- Participate in the development and continuous review of the agri-inputs sector strategy and development and implementation of the sector component of the Annual Operating Plan.
- Participate in sector fundraising initiatives and writing of sector concepts and proposals
- Work closely with the other functions within KMT to progress the broader strategic objectives of the organization.
- Master’s degree in International Development, Strategy, Business Management, Marketing, Economics or other relevant fields.
- At least 7 years’ relevant experience in development work, with at least 2 years gained at management level providing technical leadership in the agri-input sector with multiple stakeholders and multi-layered teams. Part of this experience must have been gained working with key government agencies.
- Demonstrable experience in a technical team leadership role on development initiatives, preferably with a specific focus on market development, private sector development, or value chain improvements. Experience in implementing market-based solutions within large- scale sector development programmes to enhance the competitiveness of sectors will be an added advantage
- Strong relationship management skills and capacity to influence at multiple levels across large, medium, and small businesses, national and county governments, and the donor/funding community. Fundraising experience will be an added advantage.
- Good people management experience, demonstrating the ability to translate ideas into action, monitor multiple work streams, provide coaching and mentoring, and co-ordinate staff and contract partners in a consultative and collegiate decision-making style.
- Experience in influencing senior-level public and private sector decision-makers and communicating to a variety of audiences and media.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating the names of three (3) referees to
Please indicate the position reference number in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 11th March 2021.