See details below on how to apply for the position at Komaza 2021.
Komaza works to unlock the potential of small-scale farmers to solve Africa’s wood supply crisis. Collectively, small farmers possess limitless land and labor resources to plant billions of trees. Komaza provides farmers with support across the forestry value chain, from seedlings to sawmills. With a dramatically lower-cost and more-scalable forestry model, our vision is to become Africa’s largest forestry company, growing an environmentally-sustainable wood supply and generating truly life-changing income for millions of farmers.
About The Team
With plans to grow the largest forestry company in Africa, IT plays a critical role in operations and strategy at Komaza. With investment in latest technology and business systems, we believe in having a robust network and IT infrastructure to support all our key business systems while at the same time enabling our employees to be more productive and work efficiently. You’ll be part of a team that functions independently to offer first class service delivery and with ambitious plans to create, improve and leverage better technology for Komaza. We are looking for a highly-collaborative, analytical and innovative individual to build this future of tech at Komaza.
About This Role
If you love tackling challenges head-on. Enjoy coming up with creative and scalable solutions through robust infrastructure. Are you constantly updating your knowledge on hardware and software trends and advancements? If your answer is “Yes!” to those questions, we are looking for you! In this role you will work to build and support a wide range of robust network infrastructure.
What You Will Do
- IT Operations & Service Delivery
- Ensure smooth running of all IT systems and operations within Komaza as a means to increasing operational efficiency and improving employee productivity
- Manage the execution of IT policies, processes and projects and their translation into business requirements where necessary
- Ensure Internal SLAs between IT and business are fully met
- Oversee the troubleshooting of system issues and responding to escalated support incidents.
- Author and implement training around common computer, phone and software issues.
- Measure service performance and implement improvements where possible.
- Oversee IT initiatives to ensure that all technology-related projects run smoothly and align with overall company strategy.
- Ensure 100% uptime, optimal utilization and excellent performance on all IT systems on both on-premise and cloud based infrastructure.
- Design new and develop improvements on the current network infrastructure to support future scalability and traffic needs.
- Provide 2nd level user support for all IT network and systems requests within Komaza and ensure all escalated tickets are resolved closed within stipulated SLAs.
- Ensure Komaza’s internal and external network is running consistently, smooth and fast in both HQ and branches with 0% downtime during working hours.
- Define, maintain and implement systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery protocols and procedures to ensure full proof redundancy and system failovers.
- Maintain and manage network and information security control protocols within Komaza HQ and all regions to ensure 0% data leakage and security breaches.
- Provide input to technology planning within multiple functional areas for smooth implementation and support for business systems.
- Design and implement scalable solutions consistent with current and future systems architecture.
- Provision Infrastructure as a service for all cloud based business systems with a clear mindset to security and cost-benefit analysis.
- Ensure optimal utilization and performance measurement on all IaaS systems.
- Develop and report on the IT service delivery key performance indicators.
- Maintain the quality of service by managing all IT support activities.
- Establish measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals.
- Document and present periodic performance assessments.
Financial Cost Management
- Provide high-quality services at optimal cost to internal customers.
- Track and take appropriate steps to control and stay within budget.
- Manage the planning, forecasting and purchasing of hardware and software products through the procurement department to ensure orders are placed in a timely manner with clear justifications.
- Manage asset tracking systems to ensure that company assets are issued and maintained responsibly.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or any other related field.
- 3-5 years of IT industry work experience, with knowledge of one process/service, e.g. Network Management, System Administration.
- CCNA/CCNP Certification with proven experience in network design and system administration.
- Demonstrated ability to launch, deliver and support at least one complex IT network project on time and within budget across multiple regions.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in IT infrastructure operations and/or system implementation and support across different geographical regions.
- Experience in managing teams and building relationships with people at different levels of management and across different departments.
- Experience in Linux Server & Windows Server IT infrastructure planning and deployment in both on premise (Vmware) and Cloud (AWS) hosting environments.
- In depth Experience in network services including but not limited to HTTP/S, Proxies, TCP/IP, DHCP, VLANs, SNMP, FTP, DNS, VPNs, SMTP.
- Hands on experience and expertise in setting up and supporting Conferencing Solutions, VOIP Technologies in a Call Center environment, Biometric and Security Systems and integration with ERP Systems.
- In depth hands on experience and expertise working with network devices, including Cisco Routers and Switches, ICX Brocade Switches, Ruckus ZD Controller, Ruckus Access Points, Netgate/PfSense Firewall and Endpoint Protection.
- ITIL Foundation Certification will be an added advantage.
- Positive, energetic self-starter with a high level of personal drive and resilience
- People person and a great team leader
- Appreciative of start-up environments
- A meticulous individual
- Analytical and critical thinker
- Great communication skills – written and spoken
What’s in it for you?
If you like variety, love learning and you are looking for a role that will allow you to develop and build a successful career, join us! This role will be at our headquarters in Kilifi, Kenya. The role offers a competitive salary and benefits with potential for further career growth.
How To Apply
Closing Date : 25th February, 2021