At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
- The position exists to produce detailed and comprehensive plans/schedules of work orders for planned, routine, equipment overhaul and shutdown maintenance work and minor capital projects, providing an efficient and effective in-house work order planning service for key stakeholders.
- Liaise with work request originators, Maintenance and Operations staff onsite inspections of planned work activities to ensure that work orders accurately reflect the specific actions necessary to complete the task effectively.
- Ensuring work order contains all resources, materials, manpower, tool lists, drawings, photographs, special instructions and steps detailed to the point that a competent artisan can carry out the work.
- Create shutdown schedule and ensuring schedules are in line with plant production requirements. This should be made possible by having meetings with all stakeholders prior to signing off the schedule with the operational team.
- Compliance to the Work Management Process with respect to planning and scheduling work orders within the required timeframe.
- Provide relevant and good quality attachments for work packs to the team members which may include but not limited to JHA’s, SOP’s, SWI’s etc. This includes the updating of any of these documents to ensure they are kept relevant and reflect “best practice”
- Track shutdown progress, analyse critical path deviance and advise management on remedial solution.
- Maintain the work order backlog and ensure the backlog is managed to an acceptable level.
- Coordinate with weekly and shutdown planners to develop work schedule logic and timely work order release.
- Ensure that all Planned Maintenance (PM) activities are fully specified and recorded in Pronto.
- Prepare and or modify PM Tasks in Pronto as identified through RCM analyses.
- Liaise with warehouse personnel during planning to ensure timely ordering and delivery of parts.
- Liaise with contractors before work starts to provide purchase order, access, transport, accommodation, training and induction. Making sure they comply with all site mandatory requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of technical procedures, work instructions, equipment and systems evaluations.
- Evaluate differences between actual work performance and work instruction estimates. Use this information to improve the quality and accuracy of planned work orders.
- Prepare weekly and monthly Maintenance Department reports on section activities.
- Train and assist maintenance personnel in effectively and efficiently completing Pronto transactions.
- Maintain Proto to achieve targets.
- Any other tasks as may be delegated upon by the supervisor.
Qualification, Experience & Skill:
- G12 Certificate
- A recognised Mechanical or Electrical Technical Certificate
- At least 4 years’ maintenance experience in the mining industry
- At least 2 years’ planning experience will be highly regarded.
- Experience in the use of a recognized CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management Systems) preferably Pronto.
- Must have good record keeping skills and have demonstrated the ability to self- manage their workload.
- Have good communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and achieve required operational outputs.
- Must be self-driven, flexible, dedicated and strong will to get results in a timely manner
- Detail Orientation and attention
- Problem Solving
- Team player
- Be active at continuous improvement of the assigned section
Method of Application
Closing Date: 4 Oct 2020