Service Delivery Lead, Cargo Handling at Swissport…How to Apply.
THE SWISSPORT PROFILE Swissport is the world’s largest provider of ground and cargo handling services in the aviation industry. The company provides services on behalf of some 835 client-companies and handles around 230 million passengers and 3.9 million flights (movements) per year. The company operates around 120 warehouses and moves approx. 4.1 million tonnes of cargo. With a workforce of around 61,000 personnel, Swissport is active at more than 280 stations in 48 countries across five continents, and generates annual consolidated operating revenue of CHF 3.0 billion. MISSION STATEMENT: To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor- made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience. In order to achieve the goal of our mission, Swissport is focused on consolidating and strengthening our market position to ensure we are constantly driving industry innovation in key areas such as service, quality and reliability. Swissport is a people-focused organisation – without our people we simply cannot meet our goals and achieve our vision.
Looking for a new challenge?
If you are looking for a challenge in a rapid environment in the aviation services industry and are motivated to work in a multicultural company and a position that allows you to put your
ideas into practice, this will be an excellent opportunity for you.
Swissport is recruiting for the position of Service Delivery Lead, Cargo Handling reporting to the Head of Cargo Services based at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
We are seeking a professional with proven track record in service delivery provision that will lead, motivate, engage and inspire all staff across multiple teams to ensure the delivery of great customer experiences in line with Swissport formula.
Applications are invited from candidates to fill the above position.
- Plan and deploy resources to ensure that we are collectively successful by producing daily allocations in line with customers and operations requirements.
- Ensure available resources are used to the optimum level (monitor and control overtime payments within targeted budgets)
- Supervise/control and follow up staff attendance and absences
- Lead the team to ensure we deliver consistently great customer experiences at every touchpoint
- Responsible for the disciplinary process of the team
- Support and identify training needs and coordinate with training department
- Create and maintain a progressive, open feedback culture by managing the performance of employees
- Ensure senior management is informed of critical issues such as flight irregularity, safety accidents in a timely manner.
- Maintain, monitor and report on agreed key performance indicators (KPI’s) using all available tools and systems.
- Ensure compliance with all SOP’s and policies in order to meet or exceed regulatory standards and deliver the desired customer service experience.
- Maintain and control activities to ensure work safety, health and environmental protection within the area of responsibility.
- Initiate investigations on irregularities, accidents or complaints as per our standard reporting requirements.
Professional Qualification and Experience
- Education: University Degree in Business or related field
- Professional Qualifications- Training in Cargo Handling, Logistics and Supply chain will be an added advantage
- Experience: 3 years’ Ground / Cargo Handling Experience in people management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercial Acumen
- Good Planner, who pays attention to detail and is a team player
- Leadership and people management skills
- Problemsolving and decision making
HOW TO APPLY
plication letter and CV ONLY outlining your suitability for this opportunity should be forwarded via email:
clearly indicating the position on the subject line.
The Human Resource Manager
Swissport Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19177, 00501
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available and does not discriminate it its employment decision on the basis of any protected category.
Closing Date : 8th May, 2021