Investment Analyst (Kenya) Job at World Bank Group…See Details on how to apply for the job vacancy available at World Bank Group.
The World Bank Group (WBG) is a family of five international organizations that make leveraged loans to developing countries. It is the largest and most famous development bank in the world and is an observer at the United Nations Development Group. The bank is based in Washington, D.C., and provided around $61 billion in loans and assistance to “developing” and transition countries in the 2014 fiscal year. The bank’s stated mission is to achieve the twin goals of ending extreme poverty and building shared prosperity.
- Investment Analyst (Kenya)
Investment Analysts work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects. Investment Analysts help appraise new investments and assist investment officers in monitoring and servicing existing portfolio clients. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring IFC investments in portfolio companies comprising various types of financial entities.
- Participating in investment appraisals and negotiations; creating financial models to support the investment analysis.
- Conducting industry research and associated analysis to inform strategy as well as portfolio and new business decisions.
- Reviewing company information and preparing internal reports based on periodic financial statements, project progress reports, and other information submitted by clients.
- Establishing and maintaining productive relationships to ensure responsive end effective service to portfolio clients.
- Producing internal analytical reports on portfolio risk, impact, and performance.
- Liaising with colleagues across departments and geographies to ensure effective collaboration among IFC staff.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree with a specialization in finance.
- At least 2 years of experience in finance, banking, audit, portfolio management, or consulting.
- Experience in a major financial institution (1+ years) with a proven track record desirable.
- Good knowledge of financial markets in the Africa region.
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills using Microsoft excel and ability to identify key issues.
- Sound numerical, analytical, and conceptual skills encompassing finance and the associated areas of investment, portfolio management, and corporate finance, and economics.
- Commitment to economic development and a keen interest in development finance in emerging markets.
- Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to present ideas clearly and confidently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; good knowledge of French a plus.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline:30th March 2021.