Business Journalist Jobs 2021 at Africa New Media Group….See details below on how to apply for the position at Africa New Media Group 2021.
One of Africa’s fastest-growing digital media companies is looking for a great writer with digital experience (ideally including some social media) who can help launch a new site in Kenya focused on startups, entrepreneurs and how to grow your business. Please submit CV, current salary and links of articles as soon as possible – we are interested in hiring one to two writers for a site launch in mid to late 2021 and we are interviewing candidates here in Nairobi early February.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct research to uncover interesting and significant entrepreneurial news
- Gather, corroborate and interpret business data
- Interview key persons to obtain more information
- Use findings to construct a well-written article
- The ideal candidate must be used to the fast-paced digital world
- Creating content large and small and is also passionate about business start-ups
- Receive assignments or investigate news leads/tips
- Establish contacts and sources for use in future research and writings
- Keep abreast on business developments by studying papers, attending events etc.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven working experience as a Business Journalist or Reporter
- Portfolio of published articles or newscasts
- Ability to follow strict deadlines and fast-check information
- Current knowledge of business headlines and ability to read and intepret financial statements.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, web search, databases)
- Excellent communication and networking skills along with an aptitude in extracting information
- Good observation, deduction and forecasting skills
- Must have a journalism qualification; a business-related qualification is an added advantage
How To Apply
Closing Date : 24th February, 2021