Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa Recruitment 2021….See Application Procedures Below.
- Company: Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Kenya
Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa
Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an ISO 9001:2008 certified secondary care hospital providing 24-hour inpatient and emergency services in the Coast Region of Kenya. The hospital offers a range of quality healthcare services in the areas of internal medicine, surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics & gynecology, and intensive care. The Hospital includes comprehensive diagnostics, including imaging services, a leading ISO 15189-2007 accredited laboratory, high-quality physiotherapy, pharmacy service, and Halal certified catering service. Mission The Aga Khan Health Service in Kenya is dedicated to providing quality patient care with special attention to access, affordability, clinical excellence, patient safety for the communities it serves.
1. Telephone Operator (Locum) – Kisumu
- Effectively and efficiently handle of all incoming and outgoing calls as per policy.
- Test lines and speakers for functionality and record the status.
- Timely respond to emergency calls and ensure correct information for all emergency calls is recorded and communicated/escalated to the relevant personnel immediately.
- Report faulty extensions /equipment as and when required.
- Maintain records of all calls.
- Certificate in Telephone Operations
- At least one-year working experience in a similar position.
- Excellent communication skills (Oral and written) in both English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, with sound decision-making skills.
2. Patient Service Officer (Locum)
- CPA IV
- Excellent Skills in MS Office suite.
- Ability to relate to patients, through familiarity with medical terminology and triaging procedure.
- Over year working experience.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Organizational skills.
3. Cook – Kisumu (Locum)
- Produce quality meals in a section of the kitchen that meet the quality and objectives of the department.
- Prepare and serve meals as per the set standards and procedures.
- Maintaining proper hygiene standards before, during and after meal preparations
- Ensure the implementation and practice of the HACCP hygiene management system within the kitchen
- Ensure participation in monthly stock takes of kitchen equipment
- Diploma in food and beverage production
- Food handlers Health certificate from a District Hospital
- At least 2 years of working experience.
4. Steward – Kisumu (Locum)
- Clean cafeterias, kitchen, offices, and hallways by sweeping, washing, mopping, and dusting to maintain a clean, sanitary, and tidy environment as directed by the department team leader/supervisor/manager
- Collecting, and removal of garbage, Weighing and disposal of food waste and trash in the designated areas as per the cleaning and sanitation standards of the department
- Disassemble, clean, sanitize and store patient trays including all dirty dishes from the wards, cafeteria, and functions
- Monitoring and ensuring that all chemical solution (i.e. precept) requirements are met, for infection control
- Certificate in institutional management/ Food and beverage service techniques
- Minimum 1 year working experience
- Knowledge of the HACCP system is an advantage
- Good communication skills
5. Dental Assistants (Locum)
- Diploma in Dental Assisting.
- At least two years’ experience preferably in a busy dental practice
- Self-motivated with ability to work without supervision.
- Excellent customer service and people management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Note: Dental assistant locums are required only for the following outreaches: West end – Kisumu, Bungoma and Kakamega
6. Resident Consultant ENT Surgeon
The successful candidate will be expected to provide expert otorhinolaryngology services in the hospital for both inpatients and outpatients.
He / she will be a team player with excellent communications skills and should participate in the day to day activities of the hospital in collaboration with other healthcare workers and the hospital management.
He / she will set up specialty ENT clinics within the hospital and in the outreach centres.
He / she will be expected to actively participate in CPD activities including teaching of interns and Medical Officers.
- M. Med in Otorhinolaryngology / ENT from a university recognized by CUE.
- Specialist Recognition by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- Registered, licenced and retained by the Kenya Medical Practitioners’ and Dentists’ Board.
- At least three years post graduate working experience.
7. Medical Officer (Locum)
- Assessment of patient and manage the patient case.
- Performance of investigative and therapeutic procedures.
- Perform minor surgeries.
- Re-asses and follow up patients.
- Be a good team player and work harmoniously with colleagues.
- Comply with the hospital Confidentiality and privacy policies.
- MBChB or equivalent from a recognized University.
- More than one – year working experience.
- Must be Registered / Licensed by the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board.
- Competency in emergency procedures e.g. ACLS, ATLS etc. will be an added advantage.
- Excellent public relations and communication skills.
8. Radiographer / Sonographer (Locum)
- To undertake initial patient evaluation, provide diagnostic radiographs, perform ultrasound and Doppler examinations by capturing images of diagnostic value.
- Ensure radiation safety measures and protection are observed to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety to patient’s staff and self.
- Ensure scheduled maintenance, and calibration of medical equipment’s are in place and followed.
- Ensure accurate documentation and care of patients’ records.
- Higher Diploma in Ultrasound
- Two (2) years working experience in similar position
- Registered and licensed by The Kenya Radiation Protection Board
- Good communication skills.
9. Laboratory Technologist (Locum)
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing documentation, processing patient’s samples, ensuring timely dispatch of results and maintain records as per the AKHK laboratory policy.
- Receive and process specimens, release patients result and archive specimens as per laboratory procedures.
- Maintain relevant equipment in terms of routine maintenance, calibration, and quality control.
- Participate in proficiency testing and other quality assurance programs.
- Create and maintain documents and records as required in the laboratory.
- Select, bleed donors, and prepare blood and blood products for transfusion as per laboratory procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant policies and procedures including but not limited to those related to safety and infection control.
- Higher National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Excellent knowledge of laboratory operations and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in microbiology.
- Ability to write and review SOPs.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Minimum three years working experience in a busy medical laboratory.
- Knowledge and experience in ISO 15189 Standard is desirable.
- Possession of a Phlebotomy certificate will be an added advantage.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board with a current practice license is mandatory.
10. Patient Attendant (Locum)
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the clinical nurse with basic nursing procedures to offer support in ensuring personal hygiene and general comfort of the patients.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Clean and maintain patients’ environment.
- Assist patients to feed.
- Assist in following up meals with Catering department for patients who must feed in the Nursing Units.
- assist patients with activities of daily living by giving bedpans, urinals, assisting with movement to the bathroom, helping with showers
- Accompany stable patients for procedures.
- Certificate in Nursing Aid from a recognized institution.
- At least one year working experience in a similar position.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent PR
11. Housekeeper (Locum)
The successful candidate will be responsible for promoting and maintaining a clean and hygienic environment by provision of Cleaning and Laundry services within the medical Centre
- Certificate in Housekeeping & Laundry
- Minimum two years working experience in a similar position.
- Excellent Public Relations
12. Meal Server – Kisumu (Locum)
- Ensure that correct food orders are taken from patients and clients.
- Ensure prompt and efficient service to all clients.
- Manage all menus and request of food orders by analyzing and summarizing orders prior to service.
- Investigates and report complaints regarding food quality and service for appropriate action.
- Ensure proper food safety processes and procedures are adhered to.
- Diploma in Food and beverage services techniques
- Three years working experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of the HACCP system is an advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Method of Application
The email subject line MUST include position title and Vacancy number being applied for e.g. “TELEPHONE OPERATOR (LOCUM) AKHK/ITTO/L/001”
Do state the preferred outreach in your application letter
Positions that have the word Kisumu at the end e.g. “cook-Kisumu” means that the available locum is only for our Kisumu facility
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, medical examination, or any fee)
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”
Closing Date: 29th January 2021