Finance Director at Angama…See Details on how to apply for vacancies available at Angama.
Angama Mara’s owner-managed approach to taking care of guests has been developed, tried and tested over many years. Here, days are crafted around what guests want to do. We understand that guests are seeking a quiet place, one where they can reconnect with the world again. Angama Mara is also a place that is fun and filled with the unexpected. What we do is always authentic, honest and mindful that less is often so much more. And by taking care of guests we can make a meaningful difference to the communities and the wildlife around us.
About the role
Angama is looking for a highly motivated Finance Director. This is a new and exciting opportunity for an ambitious finance professional looking to join a fast-growing business and lead the financial and administrative functions in order to position the company for growth.
Now in its seventh year of operation, Angama has been internationally recognized by numerous travel awards, withstood the onslaught of the pandemic, and now seeks to strengthen its supporting team in Nairobi.
This position is based in Nairobi and reports to Steve Mitchell, Co-Founder.
- Oversee the general accounting functions including assets and balance sheet management, timely financial reporting, investments, internal controls, checks, and audits.
- Act as catalyst focused on driving achievement of both strategic and financial objectives across all group businesses.
- Lead and develop budgets and financial plans that demonstrate value for money; ensuring alignment with Angama’s strategic objectives and compliance with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Provide the Senior Leadership and other key stakeholders with insightful analyses as well as advice in relation to profitability and optimal resource allocation.
- Support the Senior Leadership in defining the Company’s overall strategy, develop clear financial projections for execution, and continually identify opportunities for Angama to add value and make a sustained impact.
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate financial policy frameworks, processes, and systems to ensure that all financial activities comply with statutory requirements and best practice.
- Lead the effective management of all Angama’s tax affairs, ensuring compliance with tax regulatory requirements (including withholding tax and PAYE, Professional standards such as IFRS, IAS, etc.)
Does this sound like you?
- Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 10 years of experience in tourism or hospitality industries with proven experience managing financial accounting, budgeting, and management reporting.
- A deep understanding of the Kenyan financial, legal & tax regulatory environments as well as experience dealing with international accounting and legal frameworks such as IFRS.
- Sound comprehension of tour operating, property reservations, and stock management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and lead high performing teams and manage support teams.
- Successful track record of working in a complex environment and scaling operations.
- Experience in formulating, developing, and implementing financial strategies and plans.
- Exceptional coaching, facilitation, and communication skills, ideally with experience of training finance and non-finance professionals from different backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date : 5th March, 2021