Apply for Admin Officer Vihiga County 2020
The County Government of Vihiga is seeking to recruit highly transformative and dynamic self-driven individuals with a high degree of integrity, result-oriented, demonstrable professionalism, competence, and impeccable capability to fill the following positions within its staff establishment.
Administrative Officer – County Treasury JG ‘K’ (1 post)
The administrative officer – County Treasury shall report to the Chief Officer – Finance and Economic Planning and shall be responsible for all administrative activities of the County Treasury.
- Providing administrative support
- Ensuring office supplies and consumables trackers/inventory tracker of utilization is
- Carrying out regular facility checks to report and document any maintenance issues that may arise on a timely
- In charge of safe custody and filing of all treasury documents and payment vouchers
- Plan and coordinate all county treasury sectoral committee meetings
- Provide secretarial services to all county treasury sectorial committees.
- Assist in preparation of various county treasury administrative reports as and when required to.
- Supervise the county treasury secretarial staff
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Have excellent report writing skills
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have a practical knowledge of computer systems, including internet navigation, and various Microsoft Office applications
- Be a team player and strategic thinker
- Have sound leadership and management skills
- Be self-driven and able to work within tight deadlines
- Must be a Kenyan citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Management, Public Administration, Social Science or any related from a recognized institution.
- A certificate course in accounting shall be an added advantage
- Have 5 years of related working experience in a Public Service or in the private sector.
- Meet the provisions of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya
- Proficiency in computer applications
Kindly note that:
- County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer; Women, People from marginalized areas and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Please note that canvassing for these positions will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Salary and other benefits attached to the above vacant positions will be as determined by SRC guidelines.
- All the above vacant posts are on 3-year renewable contract terms based on satisfactory performance.
- More details on the above-advertised positions can be obtained on the County’s website
How to Apply
The applicants should download the application for Employment form “VCPSB/APP.01A-2019” on the official County Website, complete it and submit to the undersigned on or before Tuesday 17th April 2020 at 5 pm.
THE SECRETARY/CEO COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O. BOX 880-50300 MARAGOLI
QUEENS ARCADE BUILDING MBALE TOWN ALONG KISUMU KAKAMEGA ROAD
- You Must Attach photocopies of your ID card, Academic, Professional or any other documents to the application
- County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer and encourages People Living with Disabilities, Youth, and Women to apply.
- County Public Service Board does not charge any recruitment fee whatsoever. Do Not Pay Money to Fraudsters because Our services are absolutely free
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview
- Those with certificates from foreign institutions must have them certified by the relevant authority