Apply for Legal Assistant Jobs at KCA University | How to Apply
KCA University is a dynamic private business university committed to quality service and ethical practices.
The job holder will assist the Legal Counsel to discharge the mandate of the legal department.
- Drafting, review of contracts, MoUs, leases, and other University Agreements.
- General legal research on topical issues
- Preparation of legal opinions and legal reports for management as may be required.
- Preparation of draft policy papers and instruments which have legal implications for consideration by relevant authorities.
- Preparation of Quarterly Legal Brief on relevant topics for Legal Newsletter.
- Gathering and compiling evidence for effective defense of the University.
- Support the relevant University Offices in ensuring compliance with guidelines from the Commission for University Education (CUE), Universities Act, 2012 and other statutes and regulations.
- Maintain an efficient record management system for the department.
- Timely preparation of internal correspondence as provided in Legal Department Charter.
- Provide administrative support for the International/ Global Linkages docket.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law
- An advocate of at least 1-year post-admission experience
- Computer Literate
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Knowledge of applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to apply legal expertise to analyze a diverse range of legal issues in the higher education sector and in developing innovative and creative solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to prepare complex legal documents.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV and three references via email to email@example.com by 10th November 2019
KCAU staff are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Director, Human Resources,
P.0. Box 56808-00200,