Chief Operating Officer Job at Millar Cameron… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Millar Cameron.
Millar Cameron is working with Seed Global Health (Seed) to recruit a Chief Operating Officer. Seed is a non-profit organisation that focuses on strengthening the education, practice, and policy of the local professional health workforce in Africa.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and working closely with the executive leadership team, the COO’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Lead the operational management across the organisation including teams in the US, Zambia, Sierra Leone, Uganda, and Malawi
- Plan and implement new country entry
- Working closely with the Director of Development to ensure donor relations are effectively managed
- Financial, administrative, and implementation tasks as required by the position.
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures
- Work closely with the CEO, and wider executive team in the development of Seed’s strategic plan, goals, and objectives, and ensure their successful execution
The desired candidate will have but not limited to:
- Minimum of ten years of professional experience in an operational leadership or oversight role at an organization, ideally with a global non-profit organisation
- Deep experience across Africa and commitment to the continent’s development
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organisational change and development within a growing organisation
- Experience in building, managing internationally dispersed teams and a demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to build respectful relationships with colleagues from different cultural, linguistic, and educational backgrounds
- Strong understanding of advanced and growth planning and regulatory issues
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-pace, entrepreneurial setting