Consultant Job – Resolution Synergies at United Nations Environment Programme… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at United Nations Environment Programme.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the world’s environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the environment.
- Carry out research and consultations with resolution focal points and various stakeholders (as needed) to analyze synergies and divergences between the resolutions
- Analyze synergies with other UNEP fundraising processes and the broader division fundraising strategy as appropriate
- Propose innovative solutions to address the funding of un/under funded resolutions
- Identify new/existing donors that may be interested in funding these UNEP resolutions
- Develop a proposed approach for division engagement with potential donors .
- Proposal should include (but not limited to):
- Clear identification of donor history on engagement with the topics
- Strategic approaches for each donor/ group
- Propose a way to coordinate donor engagement
- Develop detailed Implementation Plan and Strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, development studies, international relations, political science, or related field is required.
- Minimum seven years of work experience in resource mobilization, fundraising, or related fields is required.
Strong Coordination Skills Are Required
- Experience working with cross cutting teams is desirable
- Experience with intergovernmental processes is desirable