Director Technical Advisor at HLB Zambia
Our client, Charles Drew University, is looking for an eligible and qualified individual to fill the position of Director Technical Advisor
Position Title: Director Technical Advisor
Locations: Lusaka, Zambia
Reports to: CDU Zambia Country Program Director
Description of Rise Up Project:
Charles R. Drew University is part of a Consortium of four historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) in the United States, which is working to support select Ministry of Health Level One hospitals in Zambia. The HBCU Global Health Consortium Project is designed to transform clinical HIV practice to provide high quality, comprehensive, inter-professional care and treatment to people living with HIV. The project seeks to train healthcare workers within high-burden HIV settings on how to reduce stigma and discrimination, while providing training on the impact of social determinants of health on health outcomes along the HIV care continuum. Ultimately, the goal is improving the quality of healthcare, clinic workflow, and team-building leading to improved health outcomes. This is a PEPFAR supported project.
The Director Technical Advisor – Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) Health will work closely with the program team, under the leadership of the Country Program Director to execute the following responsibilities:
- Design and oversee a AGYW Analysis, and ensure recommendations are integrated into relevant Rise Up! House project and technical assistance activities.
- Participate in the development of Annual Work Plans and ensure smooth implementation of the approved work plans
- Work closely with Rise Up! House Coordinators to develop monthly activity calendars and ensure tracking of activities
- Provide oversight to ensure all activities are carried out in line with the Project, objectives of the project.
- Provide input on program related issues through participation in internal and external meetings
- Work with M&E team to ensure timely production of monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual progress reporting as per funder’s requirements
- Consolidate trip reports into monthly reports for submission to Headquarters.
- Lead the technical direction of the project related to evidence-based Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) programming for facility and community-level interventions, based on local and global best practices
- Provide strategic leadership on Adolescent Girls and Young Women ( AGYW) health policy and programming in ways that are sensitive and beneficial to the target populations and in harmony with existing Adolescent Girls and Young Women ( AGYW) health coordination mechanisms.
- Contribute to program/project design, implementation, learning, and monitoring and evaluation through active collaboration with project teams and the GRZ.
- Oversee the selection of appropriate Adolescent Girls and Young Women ( AGYW) health technical assistance to meet national, provincial, and district needs.
- Participate and provide strategic inputs into Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) health technical working group meetings at the all levels (national, provincial, and district levels).
- Provide guidance and technical support in alignment with Government of Zambia Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) health policies and strategies, including USAID policy priorities.
- Lead the development and refinement of Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) health trainings, tools, guidelines, and standards to support GRZ interventions.
- Contribute to the learning agenda by identifying information gaps in Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) health that could include secondary data analysis, literature reviewing, and field testing of new approaches.
- Build the Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) health technical capacity of provincial and district staff through technical updates, training, exchange visits, literature sharing, and mentorship.
- Actively engage in networks and forums to support GRZ Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) health priorities and promote involvement of multiple government sectors, donors, and the private sector in nutrition-related initiatives.
- Maintain diplomatic and high-quality interactions and clear and consistent communications internally and with partners in the field.
- Ensure technical quality of activity monitoring and reporting and presentation of project activities related to Adolescent Girls and Young Women ( AGYW) health
- Document, communicate and publish results and lessons learned to inform improvements in national policies and local systems
- Contribute to the development of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by Charles R. Drew University of Medicine & Science.
- Master’s Degree in public health, Bachelors of Nursing with social sciences, gender studies, community development, or other relevant fields
- Minimum of ten years’ relevant professional experience managing and implementing development activities including those related to gender integration and inclusion and/or working to improve the health of adolescents
- Demonstrated ability to influence, motivate and collaborate with others
- Experience with gender analysis highly desired
This position is for local Zambia hire.
Method of Application
If interested in this career opportunity, kindly send ONLY your CV and a cover/ application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th September 2020 by 23:59 hours, Zambian time. Please do not submit additional materials. Kindly put your name and the position you’re applying for in the title of the email. Applicants who fail to follow these application instructions will be disqualified from further consideration.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates that have followed these specific instructions will be considered and contacted. Please note that if you have not heard from us by 30th September 2020, kindly consider your application unsuccessful. However, your CV will be kept in our database for any suitable positions that might arise in the future.
Warning: Undefined array key "mts_social_button_layout" in /home/u487778199/domains/kescholars.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/mts_schema/functions/theme-actions.php on line 461