Economist II Job at Machakos County Public Service Board… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Machakos County Public Service Board.
Machakos County, nicknamed ‘Macha,’ was the first capital city of Kenya and is now an administrative county in Kenya. Machakos is made up of eight (8) constituencies including Machakos Town, Mavoko, Masinga, Yatta, Kangundo, Kathiani, Matungulu, and Mwala. Machakos Town is the administrative capital of the County.
- providing economic planning data; economic analysis; formulation of development strategies; identification, preparation and evaluation of development projects and programmes and monitoring of their implementation; conducting feasibility studies, determining project viability and setting project priorities: collection,
- collation and analysis of data relating to production and marketing of agricultural/industrial products
- computerization and analysis of data: writing and submitting reports on specific assignments; and control and supervision of technical and other supporting staff.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- A minimum of an Upper Second-Class Honours degree in Economics, or Economics and Mathematics, or Economics and Statistics from a recognized university/institution; or
- A minimum of an Upper Second-Class Honours degree in any of the subjects enumerated at (i) above with a bias towards Computer Science, Operations Research. Survey Techniques and Demographic Techniques from a recognized university/institution; or
- A minimum of an Upper Second-Class Honours degree in Statistics with appropriate specialization from a recognized university/institution; or
- A postgraduate Bachelor of Philosophy degree in Economics from the University of Nairobi or equivalent institution or a post graduate diploma or Masters degree in subjects enumerated at (i)-(iii) above