Finance Officer Job at Christian Blind Mission… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Christian Blind Mission.
Christian Blind Mission (CBM) Kenya is an independent Member Association of the CBM Family, registered under Kenyan law as an incorporated company limited by guarantee, having a Memorandum and Articles of Association with a membership, board and company secretary.
- Take lead in strengthening partner capacity in internal control systems and processes to ensure that financial resources as used by partners are in compliance with CBM Global financial policies, standards and procedures, and with specific donor requirements and contracts and provide training/coaching as needed;
- Review and upload final version of reports and relevant project documents in a timely manner as per CBM Global reporting schedule.
- Critically analyse partners’ financial reports for compliance against approved budgets;
- Project Financial Checklists, consolidated reports for consortia partners);
- Maintain status of all project reports and other financial reports received, reviewed and imported in Global Online or as per CBM Global reporting schedule;
- Carry out Global Online import and export transactions such as request of funds, partner profiles, and project cards, quarterly reports received etc.;
- Review and reconcile partner year end reports with FPR (Financial Progress Report) and audit report within given deadlines including follow up on issues raised in the management letter;
- Jointly with programme team conduct partner field visits perform tasks such as inducting partners on CBM Global finance requirements and procedures, spot checks on finance management, internal controls in place and progress on capacity improvement recommendations.
- Review designated quarterly finance/narrative reports, year-end closing reports paying special attention to completeness, adherence to CBM format, burn rate within approved budget and supporting documentation
- 10.Contribute as member of Team of Competency in Partner Assessments, compliance checks as required.
Financial Support-Office Accounts
- Support to in accounts management – (Business Central system) ,Petty cash Processing, Travel claim Processing, Online Payments
- Maintain petty cash boxes for cash payments or refunds of petty cash, and travel claims and advances, prepare cash reconciliations for the cash verification exercise.
- Process imprest requests, ensuring the documents are correct, within agreed budget, and supported with required documentation before submitting for approval.
- Carryout regular invoicing, writing of cheques, preparing online payments and follow-up on all debtors.
- Safekeeping of all cheque books, receipt books and cash vouchers.
- Support budget management ensuring all expenditure is within approved and available budget.
- Stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements and industry trends, and advice the line manager
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in similar field, particularly with international NGOs or international development organization
- Ability to develop and maintain accounting systems which handle large amounts of information
- Perform all tasks in a confidential manner
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Effective communication skills
- An effective team player who is also able to work independently
- Ability to integrate into a multi-cultural environment
- Ability and willingness to learn and to pass on information
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration and Management
- Professional qualifications in accounting an advantage (CPA, ACCA, CIMA)