Fundraising and Communication Manager Job at Brooke East Africa… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Brooke East Africa.
Grants Development, Donor Contract Management and Fundraising
- Work with Programmes Department and UK FundComm teams to ensure new country programme plans on restricted funding reflect donor interests and funding trends that align with Brooke’s Theory of Change.
- Conduct donor scoping, and with support to other Brooke staff, identify potential funding opportunities and manage the application process in coordination with different objective focal persons.
- Research and identify new international and regional funding sources and partnership opportunities that will lead to new restricted funding sources and grow grant income.
- Develop funding proposals for key international and regional donors in collaboration with the Country CEO, UK Programme Directorate and UK programme funding staff.
- Manage all restricted funding processes in country including coordinating the provision of quality, timely and accurate narrative and financial information, qualitative and quantitative data to both UK FundComm and UK Strategy and Performance teams and help ensure all donor reporting deadlines are met.
- Together with the UK, coordinate country teams and provide capacity building, where needed, to ensure best practices and quality control for effective fundraising, management and stewardship of funded projects.
- Act as the key point of contact and coordinator for all visits to the Country programme from FundComm staff.
- Maintain communication and build networks with potential and current donor organizations.
- Be responsible for the fundraising strategy that will support BEA to gain and implement projects that reflect BEA’s policy and programmatic focus. In the process of this, also support BEA’s work with national and local partners.
- Work with the relevant theme leads and communications staff to develop fundraising proposals to donors, fund-raising publications, communications materials, such as press releases.
- Maintain and share a tracking system of all project proposals and their status.
- Contribute to official documents related to Institutional policy and definitive statements of fundraising opportunities to a variety of external audiences including major donors and prospects and the general public.
- Work closely with the BEA’s partners in case and proposal development, implementation of funded projects, monitoring and reporting.
Organizational Brand Management and Communication
As a member of the Brooke family, you shall remain cognizant of work-related inter dependencies with others and therefore coordinate a smooth and effective communication within and outside the organisation.
- Developing and managing Brooke East Africa’s communication strategy and ensuring that it is in tandem with the Brooke UK values and guidelines.
- Ensuring good management of Brooke brand both at the organizational level and with all Brooke East Africa partners across the region.
- Ensuring and excellent Brooke visibility from grassroots to national and international level.
- Supplying reports and other required information and data to other parts of the organisation as required.
- Support the advocacy advisor and knowledge management Officer to carry out data selections for internal and external campaigns, recording contact histories, campaign links and source codes.
- Professional/technical qualifications: Degree or equivalent in international development or a related subject.
- Income Generation: significant experience and a successful track record securing grants from trusts, foundations and key institutional funders.
- Knowledge and Experience in Institutional Funding: current knowledge and experience of institutional funders’ priorities, requirements and ways of working.
- Proposal and Report Writing: experience of producing high quality proposals and reports, delivering quantitative and qualitative information in both formal and informal styles. Understanding of Log frames and M&E frameworks.
- Relationship Building: proven experience of building productive one to one relationships, internally, working effectively across departments and country programmes. External: proven experience of networking and building working partnerships with donors, NGOs and other stakeholders and representing your organisation on external platforms.
- Capacity Building: proven experience of building colleagues’ capacity to respond to donor requirements for proposal and reporting purposes.
- Budgeting: experience of producing budgets and reports for funders; experience of negotiating budgets, value for money, etc.
- Communication skills: excellent communicator with strong presentation skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals. Excellent written skills in English and the ability to synthesize large amounts of information for reporting and proposal writing purposes.
- IT: A good understanding and experience of working with databases, and Microsoft Office, PowerPoint. Knowledge /use of funder portals and software.
- Travel: Willingness and ability to travel to the UK occasionally, visit project sites and to work occasional weekends and evenings in line with business needs.
- Knowledge of or understanding of Animal Welfare
- Experience of securing funding for agriculture, farming, enterprise development, climate change, resilience related programmes.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use (FCM/PKF007) as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 18th September 2022.