Group Programmes Director Job at Amref Kenya… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Amref Kenya.
- Provide strategic programme leadership through setting and maintaining high standards of programming quality and technical excellence.
- Lead the development and implementation of approaches and guidelines to strengthen Country Programmes’ strategies, programs, and operations.
- Oversee strategic project development opportunities to develop and grow Amref’s global presence.
- Facilitate networking and partnership with potential implementing partners, researchers, and donors.
- As a member of the SLT, contribute to identifying and championing organizational priorities; ensuring both that the experience, opportunities, and needs from country and field offices inform and shape the corporate strategy and planning, and that corporate goals are part of the country plans and priorities.
- Lead the annual programme review and performance of Amref’s programme portfolio. Identify needs as well as strategic opportunities to maintain best-in-class programming and innovative approaches to implement Amref’s portfolio.
- Work closely with the Business Development Director and the Director of Partnerships and External Affairs to drive and develop a robust funding strategy, targeting bilateral and multilateral donors as well as foundations.
- Foster a culture of trust and transparency within the Programmes department.
- Develop performance objectives and indicators for supervised teams to ensure these are linked to the strategic plan and are cascaded across all teams. This responsibility is linked to performance management of direct reports including plans for competency and career development.
- Oversee efficient and effective use of donor and organization resources. Oversee the recruitment, management, development, and succession planning of leadership staff in the Programmes department to ensure a commitment to excellence, growth and a high performing talent pool.
- Emulate Amref’s values and beliefs while providing inspiring leadership and professional support that promotes team spirit.
Thought Leadership and Advocacy
- Contribute to Amref’s advocacy and thought leadership agenda.
- Develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge that is generated by the programs.
- Develop dissemination system to share organizational learning with a broad range of communities.
- Ensure that key project outcomes and/or policy, advocacy, and legislation are evaluated and leveraged for maximum community and organizational impact.
- In partnership with the Communications Unit at HQ, provide communications support in the development of programme communications activities at country, regional and continental level in conjunction with the various country communications teams.
- Serve as the Secretary to the Health Programme Committee and provide input to various other Board Committees and calls for diverse experience in relationship management.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a health-related field and/or in International Development.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in leadership roles in the international development sector.
- At least six (6) years’ experience as a Director or equivalent with complex consortia and with relevant networks.
- Multi-country experience in Africa building strong relationship with all the stakeholders and managing complex programs.
- Extensive experience in Health Systems Strengthening and providing Technical Assistance.
- Experience with an array of donors European Union, USAID, DFID, etc.
- Partial private sector experience is desirable, though not mandatory.
- Experience in financial management and resource mobilization.