Country Director Job at International Foundation for Electoral Systems…See Details on how to apply for the job vacancy available at International Foundation for Electoral Systems.
- Country Director
- Serve as IFES’ senior election technical advisor for the assigned project, providing technical support and advice to various government and non-government stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance that is well-founded on global best practices and comparative experience.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of IFES’ project(s) in Kenya.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and evaluation of program strategies and activities.
- Prepare and manage the implementation of the project(s) annual work plans in fulfillment of the project’s strategic objectives and goals, and within the allocated budget.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with local government and non-government stakeholders, including high-level officials.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with international NGOs and the donor community to ensure successful implementation of the project and avoid duplication of efforts.
- Coordinate closely with consultants and field experts on program components.
- Lead the drafting and timely submission of detailed, combined reports to HQ, and ensure that they meet donor and IFES reporting requirements.
- Lead and/or contribute to written technical reports, briefing papers, and IFES thought pieces, both program-specific and non-program-specific.
- Represent IFES in global, regional, national, and sub-national events and in international meetings, at donor meetings and other fundraising activities, as a speaker and/or spokesperson for IFES.
- Ensure the highest quality of program monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure, in conjunction with the IFES HQ team, compliance with IFES and donor rules and regulations, particularly with respect to fiscal management.
- Establish strong working relationships with the field staff to facilitate the completion of program tasks in a timely manner and within the allocated budget.
- Provide general supervision and mentoring of local and international field staff, including performance appraisals, staff development, and other management issues.
- In coordination with IFES/HQ, assist in the identification, recruitment, and hiring of in-country office staff, as well as local and international technical consultants.
- Assist in program development for IFES in Kenya by identifying additional technical needs in-country, contributing to the development of project proposals, and reaching out to the international donor community in an effort to diversify IFES funding sources.
- Serve as the primary coordinator for the project, which includes primary responsibility for the overall success and implementation of the project, including but not limited to, effective coordination of partners’ joint activities, regular reporting and meeting with the local FCDO/Kenya Mission, and proper sharing of programming information among project partners. Perform other duties as assigned by the Regional Director or IFES senior management.
Master’s degree in international politics, international development, public policy, or related field. Minimum of 15 years’ experience in election administration and international program management. Familiarity with the political, economic, and social context within the assigned region.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.