Lead Database Administrator Job at Jubilee Insurance… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Jubilee Insurance.
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa in 1937. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, general and Medical insurance.
- Review and design database structures, Oracle RMA, Oracle RAC to support business requirements including logical and physical database modeling
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout, optimization, tuning and upgrades of database technology platforms
- Install, configure and maintain database instances, creation of various database objects, create users with appropriate roles and levels of security
- Manage and support high performance, highly available and mission critical database platforms for the Insurance core applications and other systems
- Implement database security policies that are consistent with laid security guidelines.
- Implement and perform database backup and recovery strategies that meet recovery and availability requirements.
- Implement best practices and incorporate them in DBA procedures.
- Manage and support Enterprise Data warehouse including the development of reports from the data warehouse platform
- Works with various teams to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases and to ensure high availability and optimum performance.
- Management of project implementation tasks of (BI, Audit Vault, Oracle ERP, Database firewall etc.) to ensure a well-documented, tracked, seamless and timely implementation.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or other computer related field from a recognized University
- 3+ years of experience with Oracle DBA development
- 3+ years of experience with test and production environments
- Certification: OCP /MCSD
- Experience in implementation & Development of Oracle
- Knowledge and experience with installation, configuration, backup, recovery, and monitoring of Oracle 10g, and 11g databases
- Working knowledge and experience with databases, Oracle Development and application technologies
- 4+ years in experience In Oracle DBA development, databases security, hardware and system softwar