Laboratory Technologist at Mater Misericordiae Hospital…See Details on how to apply for the vacancies available at Mater Misericordiae Hospital.
The Mater Hospital was opened in 1962 by the Sisters of Mercy, a Catholic Order of Nuns originating from Ireland, three years after registering themselves as the Registered Trustees of an entity under the Perpetual Succession Act (the succeeding legislation after independence). The “Sisters of Mercy” first set up a 60 bed general hospital to cater mainly for the poor, indigenous Kenyans, with the primary mission being general healthcare. The colonial authorities granted 12 acres of land in a swampy, mosquito-infested area, which has since become the Industrial Area of Nairobi. In 1970, a 60-bed maternity ward was opened with antenatal, postnatal and immunization clinics attached in order to upgrade the quality of maternity healthcare available to the poorer segments of the Nairobi population. In 1972, in recognition of the contribution of the hospital in training midwives to assist births in rural areas, Mater was chartered as a School of Midwifery.
Analyse samples and release accurate results within reasonable time to guide the Doctors on proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Analyze patient’s specimen and give results within acceptable TAT
- Screen all blood for viral markers and provide accurate results to the Doctor
- Monitors reagents to ensure the section has enough supplies and utilization is within the budgetary allocation
- Perform quality controls to monitor the bias and performance for the Department. Reports faulty equipment to the maintenance department for repairs
- Monitor performance in the unit and communicate challenges in good time to ensure high quality results are achieved at all times
- Assists in training Phlebotomist and students on attachment
- Assists in bleeding patients and donors when required.
- Liaise with the Laboratory Manager on new laboratory procedures to ensure that laboratory is abreast with the fast developing technology
- Process, document and ship PASER samples
- Market services offered in the department
Required Qualifications for the Position
- Degree or Higher Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Minimum 3 years work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Keen on detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Computer literacy
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the above position and you meet the requirements listed, please send your application together with a detailed CV, copies of Academic Certificates, three  referees and include their telephone contacts and email address to
Please note we do not charge any fee at any stage of our recruitment
Closing Date : 5th February, 2021