Mech, Plumbing at First Quantum Minerals
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Responsible for constructing, maintaining and repairing of water and sewerage lines as assigned by supervisor. This includes fixtures connected to the aforesaid lines.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Inspect and maintain a safe and tidy working environment in work sites.
- Operate and maintain plumbing tools and equipment.
- Fixing, maintaining and repairing, toilet bowl, toilet cistern, flushing systems, wash hand basins, taps, mixers, sink wastes, traps and drain lines as an assistant to the competent artisan plumber.
- Maintain and repair fire hydrants, garden water lines, portable water lines and all equipment inline and dispensers as an assistant to the competent artisan plumber.
- Excavate trenches for sewer lines and water lines including manholes.
- Clearing of sewer line and facilities blockages as an assistant to the competent plumber.
- Painting of pipes, buildings and water tank structures including the metal tanks as an assistant to the competent plumber.
- Perform other related duties as required and work to the company’s required safety standards.
- Grade 12 School certificate or Ordinary level certificate and
- Knowledge of plumbing and building maintenance.
- Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools.
- Team building
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to complete work on schedule
- Good quality workmanship
Method of Application
Closing Date : 15 Oct, 2020