Ministry of Defence (MOD) Recruitment 2020 | www.mod.go.ke.
Ministry of Defence (MOD) is one of the para-military forces of Kenya, that protects and defends the rights of the citizens, and also make provisions for security/surveillance.
Ministry of Defence (MOD) is recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Clerical Officer
This will be the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level may be deployed in any of the following units/sections: Human Resource Management, General Registry, Supply Chain Management; Accounts or General Administrative Services. The officer will be required to carry out simple clerical duties under the supervision and guidance of a senior clerical officer.
The following are the responsibilities of the clerical officer.
- collecting statistical records; carrying out transactions related to accounts or personnel information;
- filing receipts;
- receiving, filling and dispatching correspondence;
- preparing Pay Change Advice (PCAs);
- preparing initial documents for issuance of stores;
- photocopying and scanning documents;
- indexing of documents and records;
- checking general office cleaning; and keeping safe custody of equipment, documents and records
For an appointment to this glade, a candidate must be in possession of: –
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C- (Minus) or its equivalent qualification; and
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution
Job Title: Sign Writer
- designing and creating signs by measuring and calculating letter size, preparing the surface, applying background paint using brushes, sprays, and rollers, and creating the letters using brushes, stencils, enamel paint and decals
- painting signs and lettering using lacquers, varnishes, paints and other materials
- painting signs on brick, metal, timber, glass, plastic and other surfaces
For an appointment to this grade, the candidate must have: –
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade ‘D’ plain or its equivalent from a recognized institution; and
- Artisan National Trade Test Certificate Grade III/apprentice Certificate award by the National Industrial Training Authority or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
How to Apply for MOD Recruitment
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE application form PSC (Revised 2016) and submit the same together with copies of the required certificates. The application form may be downloaded from Public Service Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke and Ministry of Defence www.mod.go.ke
Requirements and other detailed information for each of the posts is available on the Ministry’s website www.mod.go.ke and on www.mygov.go.ke
Completed application forms should reach the Cabinet Secretary; Ministry of Defence, P.O. Box 40668 – 00100, NAIROBI or hand-delivered to Ulinzi House gate off Lenana Road; on or before 6th April 2020.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- Qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race, culture, religion, marital status or disability are encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Applicants should not give money to anybody purporting to be in a position to help whatsoever. Any corruption report should be made via email: email@example.com
Am interested to be an army to serve my country but I have D plain
Am interested to be an army to serve my country